Black Tourmaline crystal

littlestar

Has anyone had any experiences with this crystal they would like to share please?

Hiding in Shadows

A protection stone deluxe and a good grounder is my best description. Some say it is too strong for them to be around long. Returns bad vibes to sender. It's very fragile so try to be gentle with it. Love it, just picked up a few pounds for the tumbler.

pink daliha

I picked up a large chunk of it in silver wire. Hiding in Shadows is right, it is fragile and should be handled with care. But, it is the best thing in town for deflecting bad vibes.

sfaithj

Has anyone had any experiences with this crystal they would like to share please?

i wear my black tourmaline pendant often. it's a very powerful stone (sometimes too strong for me). very protective. i love it for it's ability to absorb negativity and EMF waves.

Chronata

It's definitely too strong for me, but I am highly sensitive to a lot of energies.

On those days when I really need to hide, and don't want to bothered...I sometimes leave it in my vicinity, but I get headaches if I wear it.

For protection, I like to use a dark green tourmaline, or a smokey quartz instead.

littlestar

Thanks for the replies everyone, very helpful, i am very new to crystals and stones and only just started taking an interest in them and from the research i did (small amount) black tourmaline seemed like the stone to get for me as i am in need of blocking bad/negative energies - to many around me at the moment.

sfaithj

Thanks for the replies everyone, very helpful, i am very new to crystals and stones and only just started taking an interest in them and from the research i did (small amount) black tourmaline seemed like the stone to get for me as i am in need of blocking bad/negative energies - to many around me at the moment.

smokey quartz absorbs negative energy and is much gentler than black tourmaline. you could also try tiger iron (also more gentle than black tourmaline).

earl

What is the difference?

I'd like to know on how can I differentiate a black tourmaline from similar black stones? I think I found one and I am planning to buy it. But the place where I found it is known to sell counterfeit products. They once sold me a stone claiming that it is a lapis lazuli. I later found out that it is just some other blue stone that I don't know what is called up to now. I am scared that I might buy just a random black stone that has been polished.

So, to sum it all up, what characteristics should I look for?

Melia

Earl, I wonder if the other blue stone was sodalite. It's similar to Lapis but doesn't have the gold flecks that lapis does.

Black tourmaline. If you just google black tourmaline, you'll find some websites that provide clear images and description of what tourmaline looks like. Pretty much that is what it should look like when you're shopping for it. Familiarise yourself with what black obsidian looks like too and you won't make a mistake.