Crystal Study Group: Blue Kyanite

Hemera

I was reading this thread and I was wondering... I have a question for you guys..

My good friend is making a bead necklace for me and she has got some aquamarines, pearls and silver beads for it. She has made one earlier (for someone else) and it looks awesome. She says she also has some small cyanite beads that she could add here and there. They are just small ones but the color looks good with pearls and aquamarines. She is not interested in the crystal properties, however, and she only chooses them for the way they look.

Would such a combination work crystal wise? Would the cyanite be too strong and "eat" the more subtle effect of the aquamarines? What do you think?

Padma

Not only eat the Aquamarines, but *nom nom nom - burp* the pearls too ;p lol! I think the Kyanite would be strong enough to actually eat the effects of the entire necklace! Can you suggest to her, maybe, that she use some Rose quartz beads - to enhance the gentle healing and cleansing effect of the other two stones? Though I suppose that could be taken in a bad way...maybe you could just tell her how much you love the colour pink with the Aqua blue and white? ;)

ETA: Hemera, I just went and looked at the "healing crystals for you" site and read that the stone that combines with Kyanite is actually - Kyanite! lol! She recommends combining Blue Kyanite with orange, green or black Kyanite. She goes on to say it can also work with other "very high frequency" stones...

Hemera

Not only eat the Aquamarines, but *nom nom nom - burp* the pearls too ;p lol! I think the Kyanite would be strong enough to actually eat the effects of the entire necklace!
LOL :)

Lotus Padma said:
Can you suggest to her, maybe, that she use some Rose quartz beads - to enhance the gentle healing and cleansing effect of the other two stones? Though I suppose that could be taken in a bad way..
I don´t think it would be a problem since I´m the paying customer :) I will pay for it since particularly aquamarines are pricey. And so is silver these days,too. Oh yes, I can ask her to add a few small rose quartz beads instead. And I think that´s what I´ll do. Thanks for the advice :)

Padma

oh! lol! Ok, I thought she was making it as a gift for you - in which case, suggesting different beads may have gotten *awkward* lol ;) So if you are paying her to make it, and she is happily obliging you, I can see why it would be fine for you to suggest stones and beads of your own :) I hope you will post a pic of it when done, it sounds lovely!

AmcPisces

hi everyone, please excuse me. But are there anymore updates with this thread? I'm planning to get myself a blue kyanite pendant soon. With meditation and chakra work for purpose.

Thank you all who shared their first hand experience working with this crystal. Looking forward to read more.

Padma

Heya Amcpisces ;)

No updates since 2012! Yikes, it sure has been a while!

In my experience, blue Kyanite can really be harsh - it certainly makes me feel quite edgy when I wear it for a day!

If you are getting a pendant of blue kyanite, it will certainly do what it should - which is to clear the chakras. Blue is a great colour for your throat, as it supports that chakra, and helps you speak your truths. To soften the effect, I would wear it with a rose quartz ring, or rose quartz earrings. I would also wear a grounding bracelet of onyx, or garnet, or some root chakra stone - even if just beads, doesn't need to be fancy! ;)

In my experience, black kyanite - too fragile to make jewelry from - makes a better meditation stone, and will clear out underlying emotional junk, or expose feelings you never knew you had. The black kyanite wings are very good for this.

Have fun shopping for your pendant! :)

RainbowPath

Padma,
I was reading this post, I love stones and I have a neckless with blue kyanite and moonstone that I wear a lot.
I was think in make a new neckless for me, and this, that you said, made me some ideias:

"Blue is a great colour for your throat, as it supports that chakra, and helps you speak your truths. To soften the effect, I would wear it with a rose quartz ring, or rose quartz earrings. I would also wear a grounding bracelet of onyx, or garnet, or some root chakra stone - even if just beads, doesn't need to be fancy!"

I'm thinkin in: blue kyanite, garnet and, the rose quartz I don't have at the moment, but have a pink tourmaline, do you think it is a good substitute?

Padma

Rainbow, sure, pink tourmaline would work very well! So soft and self-loving!

Also Rainbow moonstone is an awesome choice! :thumbsup: Must be a gorgeous necklace :)

RainbowPath

Thanks! When it's done I will show to you ;)

Padma

Looking forward to seeing the pics!