What Are You Currently Reading?

EmpyreanKnight

Currently working on:

1. The Illustrated Guide to Tarot by Jane Lyle
2. Introduction to Tarot by Susan Levitt
3. Tarot for Beginners by Barbara Moore
4. The Complete Guide to Tarot by Eden Gray

The various interpretations for a single card can be downright dizzying. You do have to pick one up that seems to be the most apropos for the current situation.

Hopefully, I'd be able to graduate to more advanced tomes next year.

Cocobird55

I'm reading Tarot Fundamentals -- right now just skimming it to see what's there. It is a very impressive book -- Lo Scarabeo did a great job with it.

Grizabella

I finally got a replacement book for my Ancestral Path. I've wanted to replace the one I originally had for the longest time. The Ancestral Path is slightly different in reading the Minors, I think, so I wanted to review it again.

Other than those, I've got Tarot Beyond the Basics and one by Patrick Dunn on using Tarot and Lenormand at the same time.

3ill.yazi

I'm re-reading Yoav Ben-Dov's Tarot the Open Reading. Opens up new stuff each time I read it.

Cocobird55

I downloaded the book that goes with the Counterculture Tarot. Very interesting take on the sixties, and it includes a picture of each card.

RiverRunsDeep

"The Tarot: History, Mystery, and Lore" by Cynthia Giles. Doesn't delve too deeply into any one topic, but provides a decent sampling of several areas of tarot interest. I appreciated the overview of the tarot timeline, from historical decks, to esoteric developments, to more modern versions of tarot.

I especially enjoyed the chapter on "Tarot in the Light of Science". I don't necessarily subscribe to the idea that quantum physics is the science behind magic and tarot, but the possibilities are very intriguing.

An enjoyable read!

Shade

Recently started up Tarot in Culture Vol 1 and its faboo. I've read scholarly approaches to the history of tarot but a scholarly approach to the practice of Tarot is new and very intriguing.

EmpyreanKnight

I have not yet finished my other books, but I just can't help it. I've already started on the companion book to the Gothic Tarot by Vargo. Up next is the Phantasmagoria, the amazingly magisterial tome of Ian Daniels' Tarot of Vampyres.

Samweiss

Right now I'm reading Psychic Tarot: Using Your Natural Psychic Abilities to Read the Cards by Nancy Antenucci and Melanie Howard. This book was recommended to me be a member of these forums. After the mandatory tarot basics I've reached the actual meat of this book, and it seems quite good. The only downside I can think of right now is that most of the exercises require other people, and they cannot be done easily with online study groups, for example. Oh well, I'm sure I'll figure out something.

jema

Just got the Celtic tarot set, so I am reading the book by Courtney Davis.
Also almost done with 'Secrets of the Waite-Smith tarot' by Katz and Talwin
And starting with the Tarot Fundamentals book from Lo Scarabeo which is a real treat for the eyes. Clearly composed and nicely edited too.