What Are You Currently Reading?

sweetcherise13

I have not yet finished my other books, but I just can't help it. I've already started on the companion book to the Gothic Tarot by Vargo. Up next is the Phantasmagoria, the amazingly magisterial tome of Ian Daniels' Tarot of Vampyres.

I recently enjoyed reading Ian Daniels' Phantasmagoria and I was completely absorbed in all it had to offer! I would love to hear what you think after spending some time with it.

Abrac

I'm reading Waite's Azoth, or, The Star in the East. I've been immersing myself in Waite lately and I wish I would've started here first. He explains his mystic beliefs in surprisingly straightforward language for him. A careful reading reveals insights throughout into the Waite-Smith Tarot. :)

JadePixie

Currently reading a chapter by Inna Semetsky called The visual semiotics of Tarot Images; A sociocultural perspective, in David Machin's Visual Communication handbook.

Eusebia

Currently reading a chapter by Inna Semetsky called The visual semiotics of Tarot Images; A sociocultural perspective, in David Machin's Visual Communication handbook.

The description of the whole book sounds tempting, and this essay even more so. However, it is forbiddingly expensive. Is it worth it, if you have an interest in visual communication but have not studied humanities?

JadePixie

The description of the whole book sounds tempting, and this essay even more so. However, it is forbiddingly expensive. Is it worth it, if you have an interest in visual communication but have not studied humanities?

I'd say it's too expensive, but I made use of my uni library. She gave reference to Jung a fair bit as well as some other communications theorists, I'll list some of the titles below that she used in her essay. She also only makes further reference to three of the cards, the Devil, the Tower and the Star.

Collected Works, Jung
The Archetypes of the Collective Unconscious, Jung
Memories, Dreams, Reflections, Jung

Also Charles Sanders Peirce, she used his Collected Papers, but it's too expensive for my tastes, perhaps consider his other work.

http://www.bookdepository.com/author/Charles-S-Peirce

I would also consider Inna's other works on the Tarot, I've put a few of them on my to read one day list...

http://www.bookdepository.com/author/Inna-Semetsky

I hope this is helpful :)

chocbird

Accessible, basic, well-known "Learning the Tarot" by Joan Bunning... which might be confusing, considering that I started studying (and joined Aeclectic) last year. Some things in my life turned upside down shortly after and I didn't even feel like picking up the cards for the longest time. So now I'm basically at square one again - feels a bit like a waste (and stupid, for remembering so little of what I learned previously), but hey, I'm going to try again now. So many great books still waiting to be read along with what the cards are trying to tell me!

Luna's Crone

i am jumping back and forth between psychic tarot and tarot for yourself. i am enjoying them

Marshal

I'm reading 'The Tarot Speaks'
By
Richard Gardner

Also
Beyond The Basics, Anthony Louis

starstruck

i am jumping back and forth between psychic tarot and tarot for yourself. i am enjoying them

The psychic tarot one, do you mean the one by Nancy Antenucci? I have that one on my wishlist for quite a while. But I'm doubting that it has anything deep going on. Do you feel that you are learning something about working with your intuition while reading the tarot, or do you feel that it's learing you how to develop psychic abilities?

Im reading Bennebell Wen's Holistic Tarot at the moment. I can truly say after using it few months, that i'ts one of the best books on how to READ tarot. It not just tells you what each card means, but also how to connect the cards to the question, position in the spread en the other cards in the spread. It has everything. But it is a little daunting honestly.

Luna's Crone

book reading

psychic tarot by nancy and some other lady. its pretty good so far