What Are You Currently Reading?

Luna's Crone

The psychic tarot one, do you mean the one by Nancy Antenucci? I have that one on my wishlist for quite a while. But I'm doubting that it has anything deep going on. Do you feel that you are learning something about working with your intuition while reading the tarot, or do you feel that it's learing you how to develop psychic abilities?

i am not very far on this book. with bronchitis and now something else joining it well its turning to one of those booger commercial parties.
Im reading Bennebell Wen's Holistic Tarot at the moment. I can truly say after using it few months, that i'ts one of the best books on how to READ tarot. It not just tells you what each card means, but also how to connect the cards to the question, position in the spread en the other cards in the spread. It has everything. But it is a little daunting honestly.

I was gonna check out that book. i have so many on tablet and hardcopies lol.

Marcus R

I've just finished Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. Some use of cards in the book. Totally recommend it.

Luna's Crone

I've just finished Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. Some use of cards in the book. Totally recommend it.

did you get to watch the series a few months ago, it was on either bbc america or sci-fi.

Luna's Crone

I am reading Psychic Tarot by nancy, Tarot for yourself by mary, And glancing thru Tarot Dictionary and Compendium by Jana Riley. I have only had it for two days and I love it because of all the comparisons one can make with all the contributors.

I do want to start some of the more spiritual books by writers like Rachael Pollack, once i get more secure and alot better at reading tarot. Next year i hope i am ready to take on Thoth.

Has anyone read the "ultimate guide to Tarot" by liz Dean? if so what did you think about it. I have it on my tablet. want to get rachael's books as real books.

JylliM

One of my favourite books! One day I'll reread it.

chahruzu

Tarot as a Way of Life: A Jungian Approach to the Tarot. I'm interested in psychological and spiritual approaches to the Tarot. I'd like to read Jung and Tarot: An Archetypal Journey next.

seven stars

The Last Days of Magic

I haven't been on here in a while & this was the first thread on the list!

An author named Mark Tompkins just sent me his book & I've just barely started reading it - it's called The Last Days of - Magic - it's a novel, just released.

It's a novel that deals with magic dating all the way back to the Dead Sea Scrolls - from biblical mysteries to legends & fairy tales, & as he says, "The Last Days of Magic introduces us to unforgettable characters who grapple with quests for power, human frailty, & the longing for knowledge that has been made taboo."

I'm really excited about reading this, not only because it's fun & interesting, but also because I was really honored that Mark wrote to me before he published this book & he bought a LOTTTTTTT of my Tarot decks with the cover to his book as the card backs to hand out as promotional gifts with the book. He's on a book tour with it right now.

Nemia

I bought Mary Greer's 21 Ways for my Kindle and read it now. I love her other books (I have Tarot for Yourself and the book about reversals), and this one is beautiful so far. I've become so obsessed with tarot lately and hardly do anything else. I'm a bit afraid I might crash and burn, and I hope the book will give me a fresh perspective and more self confidence when reading for others.

I love her approach and her fundamental kindness that shines through her writing. It's a book that makes me feel good while I read it. Everything seems possible ;-)

Marshal

I am and have been on the book T liber theta for a wee while, and also been getting help from a fellow a eclectic member.
I've been using the book T as a base for my studies, into the golden dawn which I think will branch out towards learning on this forum, the net, and books I already own

Marshal

Grizabella

My main reading lately is the Rana George book The Essential Lenormand. It's a wonderful book.

And Tarot Beyond the Basics by Anthony Louis.

Also, Cartomancy with the Lenormand and Tarot.