What Are You Currently Reading?

CharlotteK

Assassin's Fate by Robin Hobb. Love, love, love....

One of the two main characters is The Fool. Also there is are magical boats called Liveships and I just picked up earlier in this volume that the first such ship was named..... wait for it.... Golden Dawn.

I think this woman may know a little tarot. She definitely knows world building and beautiful prose.
I LOVE Robin Hobb and have read The Liveship Traders Trilogy and the Rain Wild Chronicles. You have piqued my interest in reading the other trilogies too. She has a great imagination and style and I didn't want the other books to end.

ldiddy

I LOVE Robin Hobb and have read The Liveship Traders Trilogy and the Rain Wild Chronicles. You have piqued my interest in reading the other trilogies too. She has a great imagination and style and I didn't want the other books to end.

You absolutely must! Robin Hobb has passed all other fantasy authors in my personal pantheon.

The Farseer Trilogy first, then Tawny man trilogy, the one which is concluding now is chronologically last and is called the Fitz and the Fool trilogy. It might pique your interest further to know that it ties in with some of the characters from the Liveship and Rainwild Chronicles (eventually). I actually didn't read Liveship and Rainwild until she was in between books in this last trilogy. I have no idea why I waited so long, they were fantastic too.

foolMoon

The Zohar Vol 1-23

The Zohar 23 Volume Set - The first unabridged English Translation with Commentary has just showed up in the post. It was in a large box with about 25 kg weight in total.

It will be a life time read for this marvelous set, as total pages come to about 10,000. The Introduction and Prologue in Volume 1 is both academic and practical, and covers a lot of aspects of the subject. The last Volume 23 is the Index.

This set is printed with the original Hebrew, translated into English clearly and commented. Physically each book is beautifully hard bound, and looks classy in the bookshelf. Highly recommended.

smw

The Zohar 23 Volume Set - The first unabridged English Translation with Commentary has just showed up in the post. It was in a large box with about 25 kg weight in total.

It will be a life time read for this marvelous set, as total pages come to about 10,000. The Introduction and Prologue in Volume 1 is both academic and practical, and covers a lot of aspects of the subject. The last Volume 23 is the Index.

This set is printed with the original Hebrew, translated into English clearly and commented. Physically each book is beautifully hard bound, and looks classy in the bookcase. Highly recommended.

That sounds amazing! Happy hunting :)

foolMoon

That sounds amazing! Happy hunting :)

Thank you smw. :)

I didn't know what to expect from the set before arrival, but I am glad that I ordered the set. It is amazing how it had been written thousands years ago, and still relevant to our daily lives and the world today. I can also feel aura of inexplicable powerful energy emanating from the books in the room :)

Late Starter

Modern Tarot by Michelle Tea is next on my list to read.

EmpyreanKnight

Going through The Holistic Tarot, The Secrets of the Tarot by Barbara Walker, and starting The Book of Thoth by Crowley. :)