why certain things don't come out

Padma

I have seen this happen as well, Mickey, with a friend of mine. Her cards in a love question were always so promising, as were spreads I did for her. But they never came true - I think in her instance, because she was imagining someone loved her, but they didn't really.

I do think the cards were trying to tell her "not this one, this is fantasy!" but due to the romantic nature of cards like Moon, she thought it was true. But Moon can also be illusion, which I did remind her of, but this was hard for her to believe.

In any case, I think the cards were trying to tell her "you are going the wrong way, and you will eventually find love, so don't give up!"

PS Miss Nine, the Heart right beside the Lady can be describing the Lady in question - loving, kind Lady.

DownUnderNZer

With the GT. ..

Love and/or Relationships to me would be in the HEART and RING HOUSES plus I would look at the HOUSES of the MAN and WOMAN as well as where the HEART, RING, MAN and WOMAN are in the spread. The other cards I would be watching for to show others around would be the Snake, Fox, Bouquet (depends) and Dog. Even the OWLS or BEAR could be influences. Eg Family.

If the MOUNTAIN shows between the MAN and WOMAN even if the MOON or HEART is there - means nothing will develop more or blockages.

So, the HEART may mean in like or love, but it is not as deep as the MOON. If it was next to a person card, but above the HOUSE of the COFFIN was the RING, for example - null and void.

Point is - various things have to be looked at with the Houses and positions of cards etc.

MissNine

PS Miss Nine, the Heart right beside the Lady can be describing the Lady in question - loving, kind Lady.
Hi Padma!
Yes, you are absolutely right. Lady-Heart was an example. I think the group was Lady-Heart-Dog in my GT. Can't remember. I think it's a good example of what Mickey's talking about. Unless a reader has time and (failure) experience under their belt, Lenormand cards can be very tricky to navigate. I personally feel I have a better shot at seeing a situation through a GT than by doing a "short" Lenormand reading.

MissNine

@ Downundernz...
That post about blocks and cards to watch out for is super helpful. Thank you!

My favorite pitfall is that STARS card. Hopes and dreams. I know it's got positive aspects, but when I see it lining up with the sitter's card and about love, it's usually false hopes, in my opinion.

**I just added a thread on this GT scenario in the readings area. This thread got me thinking there's smarter people than I to make sure I didn't just mess up royally predicting some lack of love for someone. :) thanks Mickey!**

Mickey1

Thanks Padma for your explanation. Maybe you are right with the moon as illusion in the spreads. But i also ise the moon in GT for work. So i sometimes aren't sure if it can has 2 different meanings in 1 GT. I think they can.
Good to hear other experiences i5 helps out a lot.

@Downundernz. Thanks! This helps out a lot. I think i am going to relook my GT. Some cards are still possitive but i have crossroads above me so its about choisemaking.

@ missnine. Stars is also difficult for me to. I sometimes think of it as wondering anoit something..high with your head in the clouds.

Thank you all its has been very helpfull for me to hear different stories and meanings. Good to hear its not only me with these difficulties about the love area
*missnine i will take a look at your gt this evening it would be good practice with al tips we have received from downundernz.
I think i will look at my gt from a week ago again. I think i might have been a little bit to possitive...padma has already looked into my gt (many thanks for that) but if somebody else want to have a go on the love part on it please feel welcome ;-).*

MoiraKarin

My experience

I've be doing Lenormand for some time now and I know it will take a lot of time, effort and perseverence to actually communicate well with them. Inexperience definitly leads to frustration especially in the beginning.
I've had this same experience with tarot. For me tarot is a reflection of your subconcious projected through the cards.
I loved someone deeply and there had been a lot of confussion from all the hope given. Now, I'm sure it was a reflection of my deepest desires or yearning and not being able to imagine any other option then, that i was going to be united any time soon.
I'm quite sure that the tarot would have proven a psychotic person was right about those angles he/she saw on the ceiling. Because in that state, this was his confiction.

I had the same problems with the Lenormand in the beginning until i became aware that i could not see the whole picture yet through a GT. It made sense afterward.

What I've learned from the Lenormand is that is a darn precise instrument to predict certain events if you allow yourself to be precise about the meaning it has given. With emotions as "Love" it is not always easy to remain objective.[:D]

Mickey1

I've be doing Lenormand for some time now and I know it will take a lot of time, effort and perseverence to actually communicate well with them. Inexperience definitly leads to frustration especially in the beginning.
I've had this same experience with tarot. For me tarot is a reflection of your subconcious projected through the cards.
I loved someone deeply and there had been a lot of confussion from all the hope given. Now, I'm sure it was a reflection of my deepest desires or yearning and not being able to imagine any other option then, that i was going to be united any time soon.
I'm quite sure that the tarot would have proven a psychotic person was right about those angles he/she saw on the ceiling. Because in that state, this was his confiction.

I had the same problems with the Lenormand in the beginning until i became aware that i could not see the whole picture yet through a GT. It made sense afterward.

What I've learned from the Lenormand is that is a darn precise instrument to predict certain events if you allow yourself to be precise about the meaning it has given. With emotions as "Love" it is not always easy to remain objective.[:D]

Thanks that makes a lot of sense. At least for my readings from the past. Objective about love can be a problem i know thats also why i find it hard to read for myself at that point.
But i now can be onbjective, i am open for a new love without any restrictions. No hidden agenda lets say :) And again the explanations are mostly possitive...so maybe it now is going to be true because i am just open for it but i can only see it after the timeframe of my last GT.

Thanks again.