Recommendations for a beginner

chongjasmine

I had a beginner asking me for books to recommend her.
She wanted books that she can read on her kindle.
She is new to the tarot.
What books will you recommend?

violetdaisy

I've only read the free trial chapters but it seems promising - Tarot 101

Citrin

I'd recommend either Kim Huggens' Tarot 101 or Benebell Wen's Holistic Tarot. I've really liked both of those and they're suitable for beginners in my opinion. I know the second book is definitely available on Kindle.

Ace of Stars

Tarot 101 is great and deep.

I love Mary K. Greer's "Tarot for Your Self" and "21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card" -- both are great for beginners.

Also, Anthony Louis's "Tarot Plain and Simple".

Owl Song

Michele Morgan's "A Magical Course in Tarot." Her positive energy is contagious and she gives great tips on reading intuitively. Such a lovely book.

chongjasmine

Thank you for all your recommendations.

emilygrace

I can tell you what book NOT to get haha. Don't get Tarot Made Easy by Nancy Garen. My mom has that one, and she uses it to look up card meanings for her readings. However, she is not a serious tarot student at all, and as someone who reads seriously myself, I would advise you stay away from it. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've looked through this book and found myself disagreeing with the things she's written, namely some wonky card interpretations (for example, according to Ms. Garen, the Sun is a somewhat negative card to get, same with Two of Cups), and that reversals don't mean anything (readers differ on this one, but I'm inclined to believe they do matter).

BrownBear

I love "Learning the Tarot' by Joan Bunning

bradford

I recommend against beginners and made-easy books,
unless you just want to dabble and stay there.
Start with the best you can find and challenge yourself.
Rewards are proportionate to the work you do.