Received properties/benefits of stones

Labhraín

I was wondering about how the purpose for which you choose a stone or crystal determines how it works with/for you. All stones seem to have multiple properties, right? So, when you select a stone for a particular property or benefit, does that mean that you automatically receive the effect of the other properties/benefits as well even if you don't want or need them? I was wondering how that all worked. I guess, does the purpose for which you select the stone or crystal "filter out" the other effects of that crystal as they may or may not pertain to you?

Padma

I think whatever you require from the stone jumps to the forefront. That's been my experience. The rest are nice side benefits :)

Think of it this way - stones are energy batteries; your aura is your energy battery, so to speak - your aura is patchy where energies are missing - the stone fills in the patchy parts. So, it gives the most energy to what is the most missing for you.

linnie

Some people go to complicated lengths to 'program' a crystal. Whilst I have read through lots and lots of crystal books, I am more inclined to just select a crystal by 'feel'... there is a sort of "take me, take me" energy, as if the crystal wants to offer itself... I trust that it will share whatever is required. :D

Labhraín

I think whatever you require from the stone jumps to the forefront. That's been my experience. The rest are nice side benefits :)

Think of it this way - stones are energy batteries; your aura is your energy battery, so to speak - your aura is patchy where energies are missing - the stone fills in the patchy parts. So, it gives the most energy to what is the most missing for you.

Some people go to complicated lengths to 'program' a crystal. Whilst I have read through lots and lots of crystal books, I am more inclined to just select a crystal by 'feel'... there is a sort of "take me, take me" energy, as if the crystal wants to offer itself... I trust that it will share whatever is required. :D

Okay, I think I understand how it all works now. This is good stuff - thank you both very much.