Tarot recommendation for an Oracle-reader

Le Fanu

Now here's an interesting question. What deck would you buy for someone who has only ever read with oracles? I wanted to buy a gift for a new friend of mine who, for years, has read with the Belline Oracle and has also used a French, Egyptian-based Oracle deck which I had never seen before, but which recently he has been using less because he finds it a bit negative. I know he reads the Belline quite intuitively as he learnt the basics from a friend and has just taken it from there.

I know the obvious answer would be the PCS Commemorative deck in a tin because everyone likes it, but I feel the fact that it is so typically traditional tarot he might feel that it is stricter and needs to be formally learnt whereas I just want him to enjoy himself and read how he reads oracles if that's how he reads.

What decks come to mind? Oh and ideally it would come with a very good booklet in case he does want to learn it methodically. I'd happily buy a book too but don't want to overwhelm right now...

Falcor

I work with Chrysallis tarot for some time and it is very intuitive, at least for me. Also it has a very good book companion.

JylliM

Tarot of the Sidhe, depending on his taste. It has descriptive titles on each card, and the book is charming and thorough.

Gwynydd

I don't yet own this deck, but the Distant Past tarot comes to mind first.

EmpyreanKnight

Oh wow, the Belline Oracle. I know the Grand Tarot Belline since it is in many ways my dream deck. Perhaps he'd take to the French system like a duck to water?

Scarlet Woodland

My mind went mostly down the big and beautiful route it seems... well, if he's used to oracles :) Aside from the great suggestions above:

Japaridze
Didactic (AKA Tarot D)
Druidcraft
Mary-El (as long as he doesn't mind a little dark and creepy in his deck)
Bonefire Tarot
Wild Unknown
Dreams Of Gaia

They don't all adhere to traditional systems but do all have great books (big or petite) in case he did want to dive into them. Most importantly, they have imagery you can really sink your teeth into.

There's always the Wildwood too, which has the benefit of keywords he could jump off from.

MissChiff

Oh wow, the Belline Oracle. I know the Grand Tarot Belline since it is in many ways my dream deck. Perhaps he'd take to the French system like a duck to water?

That is the deck I was going to suggest..šŸ¤£

DDwarks

I dont like the PCS and there's no way I can be the only one (?).

That's a nice oracle he's been using! If he reads intuitively, I wouldn't personally get him anything too symbolism orientated. A simple deck will do. I find personally that less is more with intuitive tarot reading so I would go for the likes of Thelema tarot as a beginner's deck.
You could even consider something like Osho Zen for its structure but oracle qualities.

barefootlife

Something like Wild Unknown or Wooden Tarot might make a good transition, since they're fairly intuitive decks. That said, Wooden has no lwb and I found that reading WU with only the little pamphlet and not the actual book was more intuitive. I'd avoid decks that basically look like the rws for starters, since they may seem rigid to an oracle reader.