Predict which decks may go oop in the future

willowy

This is more of a just for fun kind of thread as I was looking online today,and wishing I'd snapped up the Jane Austen tarot,the Hudes and Lisa hunts Fairytale tarot, which are now sadly all out of print,when they were easily affordable and available.I found myself looking at some decks and wondering which of the ones available at the moment will end up oop and expensive.
Of course,theres no real way to predict this,and quality and beauty or how much people want a copy doesn't seem to matter-the oop gods strike without mercy.
So I wondered which decks others think may in the future go oop (not including baba studio or other limited quantity decks,I'm meaning mainstream publishers decks like Llewellyn,schiffer etc.).
Some I suspect may are

Deck of heroes -I don't have this,and it doesn't seem very popular-I do want a copy though just to see if its that bad.So maybe it may struggle for reprints.

Romantic tarot-the Lo scarabo one,again don't have this but plan to get it soon,it looks so beautiful but I just have a feeling it will go the way of the Jane Austen-I hope not.

Sherlock holmes tarot-literary decks just don't seem to do well.Again this is another off my wishlist as I like literary decks!

The impressionist tarot-by the lovely Corrine Kenner,I do have this and its such a great deck,again just a feeling I have.

Lost tarot of Nostradamus-I like this one but I do struggle with it,some cards seem really similiar too.

Tarot of Vampyres-I scream noooo at the thought of this as its one of my go-to decks,even though card stock isn''t great.Its beautiful and the book is one of the best I've ever read.I hope I'm wrong with this one I really do.

So what does everyone else think?Which decks do you have a sneaky feeling won't make it?

Le Fanu

I think OOP and desirable is what would be uppermost in my mind when answering this question.

As a general guide it's decks that people complain about being unreadable and difficult - like the Chrysalis for example.

The Etruscan has been around for ages and I don't see much mention of it as a reading deck.

The LoS 2012 Tarot of Ascension just because it's tied to a specific year that has now passed and starts to look a bit out of place in 2017!

Also the Japaridze - too arty and cerebral and - oh my - you're all gonna regret that one because it is THE most striking, readable, unusual deck.

English Magic because it isn't your typical tarot deck in terms of style and artwork. They're the sort that become desirable - those that are a bit unloved.

I don't know if it is officially OOP but I think that Ciro's Gilded Royale will be the most desirable of all of his decks as it is the only one not picked up by a major publisher and made mass market. And it really is - for me - the best deck he has ever done. It is a better version of his most popular deck, what's not to desire?

willowy

I think OOP and desirable is what would be uppermost in my mind when answering this question.

As a general guide it's decks that people complain about being unreadable and difficult - like the Chrysalis for example.

The Etruscan has been around for ages and I don't see much mention of it as a reading deck.

The LoS 2012 Tarot of Ascension just because it's tied to a specific year that has now passed and starts to look a bit out of place in 2017!

Also the Japaridze - too arty and cerebral and - oh my - you're all gonna regret that one because it is THE most striking, readable, unusual deck.

English Magic because it isn't your typical tarot deck in terms of style and artwork. They're the sort that become desirable - those that are a bit unloved.

I don't know if it is officially OOP but I think that Ciro's Gilded Royale will be the most desirable of all of his decks as it is the only one not picked up by a major publisher and made mass market. And it really is - for me - the best deck he has ever done. It is a better version of his most popular deck, what's not to desire?

Some very interesting choices,the chrysalis would be a loss to the tarot world-it really does seem to throw regular tradition out the window doesn't it though.
I agree about tarot of Ascension,can anyone else remember the song 'year 2000' by Pulp?
English magic I agree on too-may end up in discount bookstores,its on my wishlist though.
Noooo,not the Japaridze! Its in my next top 10 must have decks-must fight urge not to panic buy lol
I've never heard of the Etruscan or seen Gilded Royale,I'll have to check them out.