Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 9 - #9

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill.

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 9
Number: 9

Symbol: A SEER GAZES INTENTLY INTO A CRYSTAL BALL BEFORE HIM.

Elven

There is a strong visual image with this Symbol for me :)

'A seer gazing into a crystal ball before him' reveals to me someone searching for answers and clues to things which remain beyond their grasp. Their focus can be intense and single minded.

Lynda writes ' In your situation, the whole picture is probably right before you but you may need help interpreting its meaning.'

It also seems to be a time of reflection and deep thought, looking forward or into the future, seeking a personal vision beyond what is available, a spiritual perspective.

Lynda includes a list of techniques which maybe used if this Symbol is drawn in a reading which may clarify what is trying to be gleened from the unconscious mind.
'Find something to focus on; something beautiful, illuminating or inspiring in some way ... if you have a dream, write it down'.

Other methods of scrying and searching for answers are also useful: Tarot, (even the Sabian Symbols themselves), Oracles and meditation.

This also gives me the impression that the 'seeker' may be asking others for their intuitive advice, and have a reliance on their vision for guidance and/or a second opinion, as the seekers gaze may not be clear - or is having trouble interpreting the signs.

Blessings
Elven x

Elven

:) Other related Symbols for Aries degree 9.

The Symbol before this one (Karmic Influence) is:
Aries 8: A Womans Hat With Streamers Blown by the East Wind.

~~~~~~~

and the Symbol following it (Quest) is:
Aries 10: A Teacher gives new Symbolic Forms to Traditional Images.

~~~~~~~

The Symbol opposite this (opposing influence) is:
Libra 9: Three Old Masters Hanging In a Special Room in an Art Gallery Sometimes thet seem to Speak to each Other.

~~~~~~~

The 4 Symbols in tension with Aries 9 is:

Cancer degree 9:
A Small Naked Girl Bends Over A Sparkling Pond Trying to Catch a Fish.

Libra degree 9:
Three Old Masters Hanging In a Special Room in an Art Gallery Sometimes thet seem to Speak to each Other.

Capricorn degree 9:
An Angel Comes Carrying A Harp.

~~~~~~~

Symbols which are 60 degree apart from Aries 9 are:

Gemini degree 9:
A Medieval Archer stands with the Ease of one Wholly Sure of Himself, Bow in Hand, His Quiver Filled with Arrows.

Leo degree 9:
Glass Blowers Shape Beautiful Forms with their Controlled Breathing.

Libra degree 9:
Three Old Masters Hanging In a Special Room in an Art Gallery Sometimes thet seem to Speak to each Other.

Sagittarius degree 9:
A mother Leads her Small Child up the Stairs.

Aquarius dgree 9:
A Flag is Seen Turning Into An Eagle.

~~~~~~~

The 5 Pointed Star - Symbols which are 72 degree apart from Aries 9 are:

Gemini degree 21:
A Tumultuous Labor Demonstartion

Virgo degree 3:
Two Guardian Angels Bringing Protection

Scorpio degree 15:
Children Playing Around Five Mounds of Sand

Capricorn degree 27:
A Mountain Pilgrimage

~~~~~~~

Blessing
Elven x

MCsea

I think this is 'spirit' and 'seeing'
other images that come to mind are insight, intuition, meaning, seeing clearlly, tune in on all levels.
I think people who have this symbol OR are drawn to this symbol should HAVE at least ONE crystal ball ;)

Dr Jones says the key word for this symbol is acuteness. This represents a quest to understand interactions between people. So communication is important in this symbol...

I have also seen people with this symbol with a challenging aspect in their natal chart which can lead to 'fear' of the unknown and psychic things and hang onto traditional religious ideals with all their might.

MARINA

Elven

Marina said:
I have also seen people with this symbol with a challenging aspect in their natal chart which can lead to 'fear' of the unknown and psychic things and hang onto traditional religious ideals with all their might.

Great insight with this Marina - yes I can see that!! Thankyou! :)

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Part of Body: Lens of eye FROM SOLARFIRE

squeakmo9

Elven said:
:)

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 9
Number: 9

Symbol: A SEER GAZES INTENTLY INTO A CRYSTAL BALL BEFORE HIM.

I agree the seer needs to interact with something or someone to get a better view of his subconscious thoughts/behavior. There is a sort of tension which drives him to fall into himself. He may have had his share of failures in order to get to this point in his life. I can strongely identify with this seer and I will employ whatever tools(tarot, prayer, mediatation, positive affirmation, astrology..etc.) is at hand to help me understand myself better:)

squeakmo9

Elven said:
~~~~~~~

The Symbol opposite this (opposing influence) is:
Libra 9: Three Old Masters Hanging In a Special Room in an Art Gallery Sometimes thet seem to Speak to each Other.

I think Libra 9 looks to Aries 9 for focus and some much needed stability to become more balanced in general. Aries 9 needs the aesthetics of Libra 9 to get their message across in a diplomatic manner. The three masters makes me think of 3 of pents, there is a period of internship, much to be studied and admired. There is so much to still know even with the title of "Master" and so much to share, not necessarily in words but in deeds.

~~~~~~~

elven said:
The 4 Symbols in tension with Aries 9 is:

Cancer degree 9:
A Small Naked Girl Bends Over A Sparkling Pond Trying to Catch a Fish.
I keep thinking of that song..."it's not easy bein' green"...a child is usually much more resilient than most adults. They fall, cry, brush themselves off with thehelp of mom and get going again. There is a lesson in remaining vital even through our personal dilemas. It is at these times that we can figure just how worthy we are for the challenge.

elven said:
Capricorn degree 9:
An Angel Comes Carrying A Harp.

I think it is a challenge to remain receptive to angelic intervention and to realize I only need ask for help to receive it.

~~~~~~~

elven said:
Symbols which are 60 degree apart from Aries 9 are:

Gemini degree 9:
A Medieval Archer stands with the Ease of one Wholly Sure of Himself, Bow in Hand, His Quiver Filled with Arrows.
Makes me think of Sagittarius, that when needed there is inspiration that can be drawn from these arrows. The seer has taken the time to do some internal investigative work and now reaps the benefits in self-confidence and knowledge.

elven said:
Leo degree 9:
Glass Blowers Shape Beautiful Forms with their Controlled Breathing.
The seer has creatively found an outlet to express himself. He has built himself a stage and projects an inner beauty that others respond to. So he has found his audience and some much needed applause.

elven said:
Sagittarius degree 9:
A mother Leads her Small Child up the Stairs.
I can identify this as receiving help, literally, from my mother since I followed her into the same profession. She has been very generous in sharing added knowledge which I simply could not have received in any school. I also have benefited by having a family who shares and is open to my esoteric interests/beliefs.

elven said:
Aquarius dgree 9:
A Flag is Seen Turning Into An Eagle.
I see it as transformation, like Scorpio...from snake to eagle. The seer is attempting to embody his beliefs in total. He understands his purpose and role in life, it isn't some abstract thought any longer but something that can be applied to the practical.

~~~~~~~

squeakmo9

Elven said:
~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~

The 5 Pointed Star - Symbols which are 72 degree apart from Aries 9 are:

Gemini degree 21:
A Tumultuous Labor Demonstartion
Even though I followed my mother into the same profession and find that my skills are "adequate" I have not had the same success as she. In fact I have found, especially when I first began, my role to be more frustrating more than anything. I have not yet found an better way of expressing my talents in different avenues. Although because of these many frustrations, I have found many truths about myself and the way I view my world. These last few years have been a source of growth, in more ways than one.

elven said:
Virgo degree 3:
Two Guardian Angels Bringing Protection
This makes me think of my natal Jupiter in the 12th house. That I am blessed with unseen companions as it were. Mostly in times of real need, they have been there for me.
So I think that the seer realizes his good fortune but not in the ways that are obvious to the naked eye, it is more spiritual than material.

elven said:
Scorpio degree 15:
Children Playing Around Five Mounds of Sand

There is always the challenge of differentiating reality from fantasy. With Neptune in my Scorpio (natally) and Saturn in my Aries, there is a tension or a see-saw effect of knowing what it is I am seeing. Really knowing. What do the mounds of sand represent to these children? These mounds may change with each child at different times. So the work is in indulging the creative mind, allowing energies to flow but in a structured manner so as to keep everyone safe and happy.

elven said:
Capricorn degree 27:
A Mountain Pilgrimage
There have been times when I have pushed myself to such an extent that I am forced to sit back, whether though illness or just plain fatigue. If the seer cannot make the time to replenish his spiritual batteries, life will find a way to facilitate that. Alone time usually does it for me and I try to do this either on my weekends off or just taking a 20 minute walk outside and breathing in the brisk air. So the seer needs to travels to refresh himself, whether in body or in mind.

~~~~~~~

Elven

Hi Squeakmo :)

I really enjoyed reading through your interpretations of all these Symbols and how they interact on such a personal level with you. Each profile seems so different and each insight that you bring helps me to understand the way they merge and 'dance' with each other - thank you so much for putting your interpretations here!! I am learning heaps too!!

Blessings
Elven x