What's the different between the green box and the purple one?

Kurai Yuko

weird...

Strange2 said:

The blue boxed Thoth by AGM AGMuller is not the "icky green" deck. If the ISBN # on the box is 0-88079-469-0, then you have the brighter, non-green tinged Thoth deck. This AGM AGMuller Thoth deck is the crisper, brighter version.

My deck is also AGM AGMüller and comes in a small blue box, but the ISBN is different: 3-905021-25-0.
I really hope mine isn't the icky-green one ;)

It doesn't really matter, anyway, because i'm deeply in love with my deck :)

~Yuko

Macavity

Re: weird...

Kurai Yuko said:
My deck is also AGM AGMüller and comes in a small blue box, but the ISBN is different: 3-905021-25-0.
I really hope mine isn't the icky-green one ;)
Well, I have precisely that one and I'm pretty convinced it's grey... or even gray? I think I might just be in the market for a slightly bigger one, at some stage - "Big" kinda grows on you... :D

Macavity

Cerulean

AGMueller Swiss version/U.S. Games

My Swiss version has the large size and darkest colors, contained in AGMueller's blue box. This edition was printed in 1986 and has the ISBN 3-905021-60-9. It took me awhile to dig this out and also find the vendor:

http://www.tarotworld.com/

I believe it is page four if you click on tarots. It is is the 'deluxe' version and the gray frames, darker and more brillant colors and availability in different languages is probably what a picky buyer or collector would want.

Tarotpassages reviews this brighter, more brillant version:

http://www.tarotpassages.com/thoth.htm

--------------------------------

I just bought the large green box Thoth distributed by U.S. Games last week. It's a newer deck, same large size, but two to three shades lighter in back and front than the Swiss version. Actually the boxtop says printed in Belgium Samuel Weiser, Inc., ISBN 0-87728-452-0. It's a softer, more faded or washed-out printing, so it might be more friendly to people you read for...it turns out I prefer my older, darker version printed by AGMueller above.