I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

tarotlyn

:heart::) ... well... if the bears won't come to you...then you go to the bears!

That's right...I am going to the bears...I am going to make a new BEAR TAROT deck...

I tried to find a decent 'all bears' deck for my neighbor and I even started a thread asking for
suggestions on finding a good 'bear tarot deck'... BUT none of them satisfied me... :(

It is to be a very special gift for my neighbor, Gladys, whom is of American Indian decent...
She told me she is tired of people giving her 'Indian' type decks...and most the 'bear' decks
are in these type of themes or else they are gay decks. She told me she wants a 'realistic' bear photo type deck...

...SO...I 'makey' my own deck!!!... I should have it all together by Xmas this year :bugeyed:

It will be a 'real bear photos' tarot deck. I have just spent 2 hrs on it so far...and I think it WILL be a GO for me!
Right now I am just collecting images that I will manipulate to do their own 'tarot' dance!:party:

I know that some of the cards will definitely be a challenge...but I am going to try to do it anyway!

The reason I am posting this is that I am sure I will need some AT member support along the way to keep going.

I am not sure whether the deck will eventually be for sale or not, but right now I am thinking of just sharing it
for download and you can print out your own copy. At the end, I will share my instructions on printing, etc.

Now all I have to do is to make it though the next Mercury Retrograde :bugeyed: :bugeyed: :bugeyed: (Nov. 24th -Dec. 14)
WITHOUT changing my mind about doing this!!!

So, I will need some suggestions along the way, as to NAME of the deck, border style
(I think I want some kind of neat but small card border...maybe leaves?)...and a ton of other suggestions...

I have one worry: I AM a perfectionist so I will have to watch that or it could take longer than a few months!!!

SO if I get stuck, I am going to holler at you all for help!!! Hope that is okay?

:heart: BEAR HUGS
tarotlyn
p.s. my neighbor is going to owe me...BIG time! LOL :laugh:

Oh, and I told this little bear just now that I am making this deck and this is how he acted:

(NOTE: I think he might have to be THE photo on the 'backs' (?) of the cards?)

click this link below to see his reaction:

ETA:
ETA:
© Copyright tarotlyn 2012
My work may NOT be REPRODUCED or ALTERED in any way.
You DO NOT have the right to claim my work as your own and post my work on Photobucket or any other image hosting site.
You DO NOT have the right to grant anyone permission to use my work.
You DO NOT have the right to sell my work.
You may NOT use the pictures for layouts, blogs, websites, myspace, banners, designs, posters, cd, books etc. WITHOUT MY WRITTEN PERMISSION.
These are NOT stock images.
Even though I am creating this deck with 'public domain images', once finished, they do NOT belong to the public domain.

Attachments

• OMG.SHE.IS.MAKING.A.TAROT.DECK.YIKES.jpg
    OMG.SHE.IS.MAKING.A.TAROT.DECK.YIKES.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 522

MoonGypsy

This is VERY exciting, dear sis! :* i can "bearly" believe it! i know my attempts at punny humor are "unbearable"...but now that you have given us the "bear" facts of your making a "Bear Tarot Deck", i am here to let you know, you can count on me to help you "Bear Up", when ever you need it...if you can "bear" my silly humor!: :p

And, how cute is that 'lil Polar Bear Cub! Adorable! i LOVE BEAR, so much!!! i think you are super for doing this for your friend...[and hopefully, we who also love Bear!]:love:

Hugs and Best Wishes,
MG xxx

Bhavana

Oh wow, that bear photo is the greatest...but maybe not for the backs? I think a more neutral photo would be better for the card backs....perhaps the YIKES bear would work for the 10 wands (too many burdens) or 5 of cups (despair, grieving over a loss)!

I am really looking forward to this, as the bear is my totem animal.

GryffinSong

OMG, that little polar bear is SO adorable!!! :heart: Best of luck to you on your bear deck!!!

tarotlyn

This is VERY exciting, dear sis! :* i can "bearly" believe it! i know my attempts at punny humor are "unbearable"...but now that you have given us the "bear" facts of your making a "Bear Tarot Deck", i am here to let you know, you can count on me to help you "Bear Up", when ever you need it...if you can "bear" my silly humor!: :p

And, how cute is that 'lil Polar Bear Cub! Adorable! i LOVE BEAR, so much!!! i think you are super for doing this for your friend...[and hopefully, we who also love Bear!]:love:

Hugs and Best Wishes,
MG xxx

:heart: My sis, you are just too adorable! :):thumbsup:... how funny you are!!! :laugh:

...I am glad you are going to be watching over my shoulder...(bear shoulder... LOL) Ha Ha

Now you got me doing bear jokes... :bugeyed:

I do love your bear humor so much!

:heart: :* Hugs for my sis!
tarotlyn

MsRubyRain

I think that is awesome! By my icon, you can see I have a connection with Bears also. I look forward to see what you create!!!

MoonGypsy

:heart: My sis, you are just too adorable! :):thumbsup:... how funny you are!!! :laugh:

...I am glad you are going to be watching over my shoulder...(bear shoulder... LOL) Ha Ha

Now you got me doing bear jokes... :bugeyed:

I do love your bear humor so much!

:heart: :* Hugs for my sis!
tarotlyn

And i was worried you would think my jokes were "Beary Beary Bad"...:p

*Hearing the blaring sirens of the Pun Police, MoonGypsy runs quickly out of this thread....:eek: :laugh: *

tarotlyn

Oh wow, that bear photo is the greatest...but maybe not for the backs? I think a more neutral photo would be better for the card backs....perhaps the YIKES bear would work for the 10 wands (too many burdens) or 5 of cups (despair, grieving over a loss)!

I am really looking forward to this, as the bear is my totem animal.

:bugeyed:...wow...I can see I will definitely need a daily journal for adding everyone's thoughts and suggestions.

Since I think I might have found a 10 of wands already, (actually more than one), I will consider
the YIKES bear photo as a 5 of cups for now.

So for the backs (neutral) photo, I think when I find several I like, that I will post them here and
let you guys vote on the best one...does that sound okay?

:heart: Bhavana, thanks for your great input...that means a LOT :):thumbsup:
tarotlyn

tarotlyn

OMG, that little polar bear is SO adorable!!! :heart: Best of luck to you on your bear deck!!!

:heart::) Thank you! GryffinSong...I will need all the luck you can send this way :bugeyed:
it is a big project coming up with 78 bears (holding cups, wands, coins, and swords :bugeyed: )

I will have to figure that all out...right now I am just collecting the best photos I can and then
the 'real' work will begin.

:heart: tarotlyn

tarotlyn

I think that is awesome! By my icon, you can see I have a connection with Bears also. I look forward to see what you create!!!

Bears are really awesome looking for sure! I don't know what I would do if one got right up in my face though!!! :bugeyed:

I am not sure how this bear attempt is going to turn out, but I am going to give it a good ole try! :)

:heart: tarotlyn