thoth tarot: connection and sensations

Kurai Yuko

Hi people!

I've been using the Thoth deck for about a month now, and i fell completely in love with the deck. Me and this deck....i think we have a perfect relationship. The first question i asked using the ThothTarot was 'how is my relationship with this new deck going to be'. What i got? Three of Cups (Abundance).

I like touching this deck. Sometimes it makes me feel nervous, as if i could feel the energy that comes from it. Sometimes my hearts even beats faster.

I really 'trust' this deck.

Does anyone feel the same?

I know nothing about cabala or Hebrew/Greek symbols, nor the sacred geometry or the whatever, yet i have no problems when using this deck. Simply knowing the meaning of the cards (which, as far as i am concerned, is valid to all tarot decks) is enough.

Is anyone like me?

I don't know...i felt like rambling about this deck. Sure, i have other two wonderful decks that i also use and love but lately i've been feeling really connected to the Thoth tarot. :)

~Yuko

Wildchild

No, you're not rambling. I was just going to start a thread to ask if you really need to know abut Crowley or the Caballa or any of the systems that this deck follows in order to know this deck. I feel the same way. The energies from my Thoth deck comes through loud and clear. I hadn't planned on buying or even using this deck but it's fast becoming my favourite one. I take it with me everywhere. I just love flipping through the cards and looking at the pictures.

Alobar

no, it is not necessary to know Qabala, astrology, or the other systems tied into this deck.
but as you become more familiar, you will probably be drawn to learning these systems just to deepen your understanding of the diverse symbolism that is included in it.
there's NO turning back now! })