New and Newish Books of Interest

Aeon418

Are the pictures in color or b&w? They're b&w on my Kindle. If they're in color on the dead tree version I'll have to break down and buy it.
With the exception of two colour plates at the beginning and end it's b&w throughout.

The first colour plate is a diagram called the, Hieros Gamos. And the last plate illustrates something called, Liber Vesta vel PRKTh. The same liber was originally published in, Commentaries on the Holy Books (1996), except with hand drawn artwork. I believe Liber Vesta is a modern day product of Gunther's lineage of A.'.A.'..

Worth shelling out extra if you've already got the Kindle version? Probably not.

As you say, it's an interesting read. I hadn't expected so much tarot related material.

I was surprised by the amount of Tarot stuff too. But then again I just finished reading chapter 2 last night. The discussion of the Hanged Man seems to be completely dominated by Tarot iconography. It's very interesting though.

'The Fruit of the Just' is next. I had no idea that Harris drew the original cover for Liber Aleph!

Aeon418

I'm not sure why there's no chapter for Gimel. Maybe chapters 10 to 12 together are Gimel? I guess I'll find out once I've finished reading.

D'oh! I already knew the answer but was too dense to see it. :laugh:

Book I = Peh

Book II = Yod

Book III = Gimel

The Functions of the 3 Orders as per Liber Tau.
Destruction, Preservation, Construction. 80 + 10 + 3 = 93.

Grigori

Hi folks, meta posts removed as expected :D

And thanks for the comparison of the Kindle to the print edition. I think I'll go the kindle in this case :)

Aeon418

And thanks for the comparison of the Kindle to the print edition. I think I'll go the kindle in this case :)

I'll be interested to hear what you think of it. I've just finished my first quick read through and am now going back through it at a slower pace with a more critical eye. There's one or two places where Gunther may have stirred the pot of controversy. But overall it was a good read.