What is my tarot deck?

gregory

There is one by Richard Gardner: The Tarot Speaks - I have had it for AGES. It came out in 1971, when the deck reappeared as the "Rigel" deck.

There's also a book by Frank Lind "How to Understand the Tarot" which was intended to be read alongside this deck, I believe, bearing in mind that he wrote the course for the Institute. . Mine says that it came out "in this series" in 1969, but I think it was first printed before that. Both books are easy to find on used book sites - I'd suggest abe, myself !

There's a brief leaflet came with the deck, too.

It was first used with a learning programme: I do NOT have this, don't get excited, but it was linked in another forum.

Attachments

• Insight Institute Book Small.jpg
    Insight Institute Book Small.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 71

sazzapoo

Thank you gregory - very useful. Will look into those books.

I went and picked up the cards earlier, and yes I understand what you mean - the cards definitely are not cold in anyway, possibly warm and they actually feel very comfortable in my hands. Looking forward to using them!

It's a shame that I couldn't find the corresponding course booklets for them :-( but the most important thing is the beautiful cards.

gregory

I think the Lind book will actually have most of it,if not all. Good luck :)

sazzapoo

Thank you - just ordered the Lind book on eBay for the bargain total price of £1.99! Looking forward to learning more about the cards.

Just wondering - are these cards quite rare? Mine seem to be in a good condition although the box is missing (if there ever was a box?).

Thank you again!

gregory

Thank you - just ordered the Lind book on eBay for the bargain total price of £1.99! Looking forward to learning more about the cards.

Just wondering - are these cards quite rare? Mine seem to be in a good condition although the box is missing (if there ever was a box?).

Thank you again!
I believe there was a box. Some of my later ones do have boxes, but not the original one. I don't REALLY know how rare, to be honest. Discussion on another forum has shown that some people paid a mint and others didn't. I do know that the member here who sold me mine got it on ebay for £2.50 and made a killing selling it on to me - but even that was only for £30 ! NOT as rare as Pam A or anything - but there's no knowing how many were printed !