The Destiny Tarot(and other terrible decks)

Tarotwolf

Oh man, I'd love to get a copy of the Eroteme Tarot! Anybody have a copy they want to sell? PM me. Seriously!

There seems to be an abundance of terrible artwork popping up on tarot cards nowadays. I'm a bit torn between pointing out such train wrecks and just keeping any hateful opinions to myself. I actually still feel bad about trashing a deck in this very forum which I found especially horrid several months ago. Yes it was very bad, but did I really have to trash it knowing that the artist might see my comments. Maybe yes - maybe no.

Anyway, one thing I've learned from this forum is that one person's "beautiful" is another's "ugly".

Nemia

The Eroteme is great - I found Strength looks totally like myself!

http://olegmitrofanov.com/cards_files/Picture 18.jpg

HA!!! I'm on a tarot card :-D Wish I could use that as my ava!

The Struthers deck is also used in her book about divination. As book illustrations, they're not bad - but they don't hold together as deck, I guess.

Metafizzypop

OMG, I can't believe there's people who really like the Eroteme. I never expected that when I mentioned it a few pages back. But it's nice that this deck is getting some love. Nothing sadder than an unloved tarot deck :(

It really is true that one gal's nightmare is another's dream.

Oh, and I love the ShadowFox. It's been on my wish list since it came out. The Hero deck is kinda lame, and the Tarot of Night isn't thrilling, either. But the ShadowFox I find very elegant. I've also heard the companion book is really good.

Autumnal Archer

The Shadowfox tarot is... um. It's a mixed bag. I like some of the minimalistic aspects of it (Sun, World, Tower) but the vast majority is just ridiculous and a little uncomfortable. I can't imagine why anyone would actually pay money for that deck, especially when the only nice effects could be replicated in about five minutes with Photoshop.

Anyway, this isn't really a tarot deck, but am I the only person seriously creeped out by the figures here: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/camelot-oracle/ Most of them seem ever-so-slightly out of proportion, not to mention the fact that almost every single figure is staring directly at the person viewing the card. That's uncomfortable.

Chronata

That Camelot thing...wow. Kinda disturbing..

like those portraits in haunted houses where the eyes follow you...

(shudder)

Metafizzypop

My EYES! Oh, my EYES!

See? It's not just me.

But just think, it could have been worse. The deck could have had...........illustrated Minors.

::shudder::

Nemia

That Camelot Oracle - phew. What ugly ugly feet that Uther guy has. Where is brain bleach when I need it???

Oni

Destiny Tarot-Yes that is really ugly! I like children type decks but not the ones that are supposed to be for adults but look like an 8yr made them

That deck with the crossdressers is truly ugly

Tapestry Tarot-I like that deck, i had it years ago traded it away and i want to get it again

The most terrible deck i have had is the Fround Fairy Oracle! Those images are just plain scary like something from a nightmare to me!

Autumnal Archer

That Camelot thing...wow. Kinda disturbing..

like those portraits in haunted houses where the eyes follow you...

(shudder)

That's exactly it. I'm also seriously judging Galahad's facial structure. You okay, bro?