Halloween Tarot

Symphony

Is it good?

The book is very good, it gives extra information on the cards and points out the little details you might have missed. It gives reversal readings if that's something you're interested in too. I personally like getting the books as I like reading the artists own words on the cards :)

peacelilly

I am a huge Halloween fan and other than a mini RW I am using to learn with it is my first deck. I love it and found the book online. I'm pleased!

claire1805

Thank you everyone for taking the time to share your experiences with this deck :) The deck seems very interesting but I wonder if it is 'meaty'. Glad to hear that it has powerful symbolism and humour to boot!

HeatherRose

I pull this deck out every October; it fits right in with my I-love-Halloween frame of mind!
All the cards have completely RWS traditional content, with the added twist of mostly cute, and sometimes a bit darker, Halloween figures. Owls, bats, little devils, ghosts, trick-or-treaters, etc. The accompanying book is very nice too.
And then as soon as October 31 is done, the deck feels like old decorations that need to come down, and I put it away for another year.

My exact thoughts! :)

peacelilly

Claire, I thought about you when I was looking at the Halloween deck 8 cups and comparing it to the RW 8 cups. The cups are depicted as ghosts and the expressions on the faces are so adorable, like they are wondering, 'why, what did we do, where is he going'. Also, the man is walking away with his head looking down, as if he is pondering his decision.

The RW 8 cups has the person looking more upward as looking towards the future path. The cups are stacked 4, 3, and 1 to the right. Doesn't speak to me as much!

As a newbie I was able to relate to the Halloween 8 of cups more. Same with Strength.

Now some of the others have me puzzled lol! The Hierophant is a mummy sitting on a throne. That one is definitely one (among others) I will have to wait to read WHY is the book.

Overall I am really enjoying the colorfulness of this deck, but then again, I love Halloween!!!!

peacelilly

Thank you Pam!!