The Incidental Tarot

agviz

I think I would cut off the black line too, so the yellow would go up to the edge of the card. I'd probably use a 3mm rounder so as to not cut into the decorative corner patterns.

I'm not yet certain if I'll trim it, but if I do I'll post an image.

The Happy Squirrel

I bought a couple of decks so wondering if I should trim one deck. I have *never* trimmed decks.....
Because of the black lines around the decorative yellow framing, I am guessing, smaller than 3 mm for cornering.....?

agviz

I don't know about the radius yet, to be honest. As soon as my crazy schedule subsides (hopefully in the next week or so), I think I might trim it.

I really like Holly DeFount's artwork, yet I find I'm not using the deck. It might be the white borders that are putting me off. It's always a risk trimming them. I might hate the look afterwards - but I won't know without trying.

Myrrha

In the pips, the 10s are always depicted with a door in the background, and the aces are depicted as keys.

That will make for interesting readings when you have an Ace and a Ten in the same spread!

The Happy Squirrel

That will make for interesting readings when you have an Ace and a Ten in the same spread!

yep!

the aces are the keys to the tens! hmmmmm.....

The Happy Squirrel

I've got to say, that based on the one card I have trimmed (free hand using scissors and now a bit wonky -.- which is why I stopped at one and waiting to purchase the right tools) that his deck serves my intuition better when trimmed. The card I trimmed is the ten of arrows (batons, wands, sticks). And as soon as the white borders are gone, my mind's eye zoomed into that door. My eyes have always seen the door obviously. As I mentioned that above. But now, without the White borders, I immediately sensed that light at the end of the ten of arrows/batons tunnel. The release into the next level that the tens provide. I no longer see an overwhelming burden, but a promised freedom from it. It was an eye opener for me. I am a very novice reader, and this was an amazing learning experience!

agviz

Happy, I keep getting distracted from trimming this deck but your experience with one card motivates me to give it a try soon.

The Happy Squirrel

Agviz, if I had not have two decks of it I would t have the courage to trim any! I conte,plated trimming the yellow borders / frames too, but that would make the back of the card design off centre, so that is out of the question. Also with rounding the corners, this means having to take off the black lines outside the yellow frames. And that doesn't look as lop sided as I thought it was going to be, because ther is another black thin lines inside the yellow frames.
I am a bit gutted that I cut off the bottom not in a straight way. But it doesn't see, to effect the shuffling or anything functional. Just aesthetically annoying. Do share your final result :)

The Happy Squirrel

I think I would cut off the black line too, so the yellow would go up to the edge of the card. I'd probably use a 3mm rounder so as to not cut into the decorative corner patterns.

I'm not yet certain if I'll trim it, but if I do I'll post an image.

I think your are spot on here for both cutting the black line off and the small 3 mm rounder!

agviz

Well, I hope I get to it this weekend. I'll certainly share pics if I do.