Buckland Romani

Sasmi

Morning. May I ask for opinions on this deck? It keeps calling me, and I have Romany blood, but it's not one of the cheaper decks and I find a couple of the images 'challenging'! What is it like to read with? It strikes me as a pretty straight to the point deck, but does it have hidden depths? Thanks, Sam.

journeyinghome

I bought the app, used it for a few days and was totally put off. I'm not afraid of harsh truths, but it felt very flat somehow. Perhaps I was just being stupid and not understanding it. I know lots of people love it though and I'm sure you'll find a few more than willing to help enable you on the purchase :)

annik

I have it more for the aesthetic than for using it. So, I don't know how well it can be read. I find the artwork stunning but I am not attracted to use it.

FLizarraga

I heard many good things about it around here, so I bought it, but hated it on sight. It's thankfully out of my house now.

I know I'm pretty much alone in this, but I found it... wanting. Very little Romani, IMHO, and with RWS meanings crammed willy-nilly into the cards, resulting in some strange sights --the 7 of Cups is one of the creepiest cards I have EVER seen.

Le Fanu

I like it, but when I read with it, it really feels like I'm reading the RWS just curving gypsy-style as a token gesture. Is that wrong of me?

I genuinely do like it, use it and I have had good readings with it, but I feel like I'm reading the RWS (except with Arcana XII).

Disa

It's one of my top 5 favorite decks. I love to use it for readings. I guess the hidden depths are only buried as far as you are willing to go, as with any other deck. If it's calling you, you won't know until you see if for yourself. :)

FLizarraga

IMHO, the Buckland Romani is about as Gypsy as Puccini's Turandot is Chinese.

Pam O

... but it's not one of the cheaper decks...
Hi Sam,
You can get it for list price at this moment when you click the link here at AT for Galde Press (plus AT gets a commission). :)

Here is the URL for: Where to Buy · Galde Press
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/buckland-romani-galde/

There are some interesting card angles in this deck like Temperance.
Enjoy your adventures!

PS
Also, do you know the URL to find the app refered to?
http://www.foolsdog.com/Romani/
Samples are found on the 1st edition of the FREE Tarot Sampler which can be found here:
http://www.foolsdog.com/tarot.html

Oni

Should i bother?

I wanted this deck for awhile, then i was able to get it from my brother in a past life, he knows who he is. he hee.

The deck really does little for me, BUT i am thinking maybe if i got the book it would help? The main reason why i wanted this deck is to know of the aspect of how tarot is addressed in the Romani um community i guess is the work i am looking for? So i have been searching for the book to no avail. Does the book just talk about tarot in general and like just explain the cards from a RW way?

Or does the book actually have anything about Romani or gypsies at all?

Wardi7

I didn't find the book particularly useful, very much inline with RWS. But it does have nice descriptions of the images and the intended symbolism behind it. I've never been a huge fan of books for a deck, much prefer finding my own meaning in the images and getting to know it by reading and meditating.