What's the best cat deck?

rylla

Pagan cats? I don't have this one. What! Pagan+CATS? And I don't have this one? I DON'T HAVE THE PAGAN CATS?!!!!! [she is pulling her hair out and feels that life just stopped]

ETA I think my vote (considering the decks that I have) is for the Le Tarot du Chat, Tarot cat-a-vista and the Majors by Evelyne Nicod.

ETA2 also the Tarot of the Cat people but I don't consider it being in this category (I mentioned since some do)

ETA3 [life goes back to normal] It turns out I have the Pagan Cats (it just wasn't on my list). I even trimmed it, but did not pay much attention to it. I'll have what to play with tomorrow :)

nisaba

KissaTarot. Never seen anything like it. And The Medieval Cats as a poor second. :)

MoonGypsy

Pagan cats? I don't have this one. What! Pagan+CATS? And I don't have this one? I DON'T HAVE THE PAGAN CATS?!!!!! [she is pulling her hair out and feels that life just stopped]

ETA I think my vote (considering the decks that I have) is for the Le Tarot du Chat, Tarot cat-a-vista and the Majors by Evelyne Nicod.

ETA2 also the Tarot of the Cat people but I don't consider it being in this category (I mentioned since some do)

ETA3 [life goes back to normal] It turns out I have the Pagan Cats (it just wasn't on my list). I even trimmed it, but did not pay much attention to it. I'll have what to play with tomorrow :)

Rylla, my dear sister! :* Your post put me in a fit of giggles...:D
Sweetie, i hope you have "Mystical Cats" also, as i KNOW you would love it!

Serenia

(Wow, I just learned some Finnish... :bugeyed: :surprise:)

I've wanted a cat deck for ages but never liked any of the existing decks I knew of. Either I didn't like the art style or the cats were clothed (which looks weird in my opinion). Then the Mystical Cats came along and I had finally found my perfect cat deck! :)

But then I read this thread and was immediately enabled on the Kissa Tarot! Aaaaand I found a Finnish online shop that actually sells the deck internationally with relatively reasonable shipping costs. The website was in Finnish though, so I had some fun with the google translator and a website telling me how to properly write an address in Finnish. And it took me some time to figure out the difference between the companion book and the deck itself. But now I managed to place the order and hope the deck will turn up at my doorstep sometime soon. (If anyone is interested in the details, just send me a PM and I'll let you know where I got it from and how it works out.)
By the way, that's why you never see me around the enabling thread. I'm pretty good at enabling myself! :D

So now my answer to the question would be the Mystical Cats Tarot and the Kissa Tarot! :party:

CornissMagorniss

I like Cat's Eye. And though I don't usually go for "cat stuff", I agree with Morwenna regarding the Marseille Cat Tarot. It just looks especially clever.

gregory

You TRIMMED it ? You trimmed off those DARLING paw prints ? You VANDAL :D

truelighth

For me it is the Cat's Eye Tarot first and the Tarot for Cats in second place. I only wish the Tarot for Cats was 78 cards. The Mystic Cats follows in 3rd place.

BlueLotus

I own quite a few Cat tarot decks being the Cat lover and Tarot deck junkie: The Pagan Cats, Cat's Eye (trimmed), The Mystical Cats, Black Cats, Bohemian Cats, Cat People and Marseillle Cat. Although I love them all, I tend to (overall) gravitate toward the Mystical Cats, though I find that Cat's Eye has lovely and exceptionally realistic illustrations, but for readings, I go with the Pagan Cats which has always been spot on.