De-Enabling Thread

emmsma

Mary-El
Please elaborate. In the spirit of de-enabling, of course. Because I watched (briefly) the threads in the beginning about this deck, then it fell off my radar. And now cuz of this thread, it's come back on my radar!

So now I'm dithering. But I would like to know which ones you think are scary. And someone said stomach churning. And I think the word squeamish was bandied around too.

I said stomach churning. Hierophant. Scary woman nursing two dead-looking babies. I had nightmares! Nightmares, I say! Of chopping the feet off of babies. Its dark stuff, this new Mary El.

Stormdancer

I said stomach churning. Hierophant. Scary woman nursing two dead-looking babies. I had nightmares! Nightmares, I say! Of chopping the feet off of babies. Its dark stuff, this new Mary El.
She's serious. I KNOW this. Probably the quickest turn-around EVER :bugeyed:

DaisyDragonfly

I think the Hierophant card in the Mary-El is the biggest de-enabler ever.

The thread introduced me to the deck, so I went off to the scans. My reactions went like this:

'The Fool? Yeah, ok.
Magician? Oh, I like.
High Priestess? Yeah. Okay.
Empress? Nice, I quite like...
Emperor?...this deck. Maybe I will...
Hierophant?...:bugeyed: Oh, dear lord. No.
*closed scans*'

If you're wibbling, you know what to do. Hierophant. Now.

Debra

Emmsma, I wondered what had happened--I saw your "here and gone" trade thread. Baby feet amputations. Urk.

Hierophant. DaisyDragonfly has a point. That's a card that's easy to hate anyway.There were "oh no!" comments for a long time about that card. I wonder why she made it so dreadful.

I like the hermaphroditic Aces.

gregory

Hierophant. DaisyDragonfly has a point. That's a card that's easy to hate anyway.There were "oh no!" comments for a long time about that card. I wonder why she made it so dreadful.
:bugeyed:

Oops. :(
Too late. That was a coupon that had to be spent though. I did a Worthy Thing there... ;)

vee

I rather like the Hierophant, why that reaction? I don't have the deck and am looking for a de-enable too!

Laura Borealis

I rather like the Hierophant, why that reaction? I don't have the deck and am looking for a de-enable too!

I like it too. I think it works perfectly for that particular card.

But one person's Hell Yeah is another person's Unpleasant Visceral Reaction.

Le Fanu

Am I looking at the correct Hierophant? What's wrong with it? People usually don't like the Hierophant if it looks like a pedophile but this one doesn't. I must be looking at the wrong one...

gregory

Am I looking at the correct Hierophant? What's wrong with it? People usually don't like the Hierophant if it looks like a pedophile but this one doesn't. I must be looking at the wrong one...

Dead babies... UGH.