Le Tarot Noir - Imagérie médiévale populaire

Tarotwolf

My deck arrived from France yesterday. It's a wonderful art deck and I don't see any reason it wouldn't make a stunning reader's deck. If you can shuffle the large size Thoth, then you can shuffle this one no problem.

If anyone is on the fence about ordering this deck - definitely go ahead and order it! You wont be disappointed in this gorgeous set of cards.

Chimera Dust

It is not the most practical practical deck. But if you have large enough hands you can shuffle it 'vertically'.... if that make sense....

Or, spread it around the table and with your two hands mix them (not sure what you call this kind of shuffling) :)

I'll probably have to do the latter, sometimes even cards that are slightly larger than the average Tarot card size are difficult for me to shuffle. :laugh:

This deck still sounds good to me, even if that means I'd only be able to read it in surfaces where I can spread out the cards to shuffle them. I just love the artwork!

Dan S

agviz, did you find out from the seller that the item is actually the cards and not just a book? I've been hesitating purchasing this because I'm not sure what I'll be getting. Tarotwolf, where did you buy yours from?

Le Fanu

Mine arrived today. I'd only been half following this thread and honestly had no idea it was a 78 card deck. I thought I was buying a Majors only deck *duh*. I was amazed to receive a beautiful boxed set - 78 gilt-edged cards, gloriously huge in an elegant black and gold box. It comes with a book (in French). A stunning set. SO pleased with it! It reminds me a little of the Maddonni. The best parts...

agviz

Hi Dan. I'm not entirely sure. And actually I didn't even consider that until you mentioned it. The ISBN 10 is 2858296189. For this number I'm seeing some listings that say "book", but elsewhere I'm seeing "includes 78 cards". Can anyone with the cards confirm the ISBN?

gregory

ISBN 9782858296187 / 2858296189 says it is a coffret - which would include a deck.

Ce coffret renferme une vision riche et très originale du Tarot de Marseille.​

I hope. That's the one I'm getting.

agviz

Thanks for that. Gee I wish I knew French. Google Translate helps.

The Happy Squirrel

agviz, did you find out from the seller that the item is actually the cards and not just a book? I've been hesitating purchasing this because I'm not sure what I'll be getting. Tarotwolf, where did you buy yours from?

Cards and book in a box :)

The Happy Squirrel

Mine arrived today. I'd only been half following this thread and honestly had no idea it was a 78 card deck. I thought I was buying a Majors only deck *duh*. I was amazed to receive a beautiful boxed set - 78 gilt-edged cards, gloriously huge in an elegant black and gold box. It comes with a book (in French). A stunning set. SO pleased with it! It reminds me a little of the Maddonni. The best parts...

Nice eh? :p

The best parts..... ?

Dark Victory '39

ugh

This is looking v. tempting. I used to say i am not a collector. now i dont know what i am, except a person who's running out of room. I am really working hard on my TdM skills, but until then, i dont know how much use it would get. From all i've read seems a gorgeous production, though. I probably need to hold off after all the 'surprise' buying i did in august. Still, v. much enjoying reading this thread. love that death card. And no, i dont have the Maddonni, and yes this seems like it has some of those best elements. cringe, i'm supposed to behaving like a squirrel, gathering ye nuts for leaner times. cringe..cringe...grumble..squirrel..squirreling.