What do you consider the 'friendliest' Tarot deck?

Sablespace

Hello there:) I was just wondering if anyone has found a particular tarot deck that seems to be a 'friendly' or easy to work with deck. Not easy as in simple, but easy as in just a nice-guy deck. I currently use the Gilded, and it just seems so aloof to me! Yes it answers my questions, but certainly not without a bit of trouble!

Alea

Light, bright, whimsy and simple.

Hello there:) I was just wondering if anyone has found a particular tarot deck that seems to be a 'friendly' or easy to work with deck. Not easy as in simple, but easy as in just a nice-guy deck. I currently use the Gilded, and it just seems so aloof to me! Yes it answers my questions, but certainly not without a bit of trouble!

For me, the light and bright kind of decks seem the friendliest, and i don't mean the deck itself has to be light and bright (usually it is, but...ehh, it's hard to explain, it's a feeling, not how it looks.) like for me, the universal RWS is light and bright, i feel it in my heart that it is and that's a good thing, it makes me feel like it's soft and kind.
Whimsy - Paulina Tarot/Joie De Vivre/Shadowscapes and I guess Crystal Visions. It has that whimsical, fairy tale-ish and supernatural look to it, i guess.
Simple: now these are decks that follow the RWS or whatever system you use, tradition and/or they have simple symbology, like the dreaming way tarot is quite simple in terms of artwork (but for others, it just means it's less, LESS busy than other decks.)

For me, those are the fundamentals in what makes a deck "Friendly"
but it all comes down to each individual, some like gothic, some like darkness, some like lots/less symbols, themes like fairies, cats, angels, mermaids, animals, gods, goddesses and what have you. :)

CrystalSun

For me is the ORWT. I love the connection I have with this deck. We are best friends forever.

werewolfmoon

My main deck is The tarot of the old Path, its very tuned into me and very friendly.

I found the Robin Wood to be VERY hard work, it refused to read for me, Deviant Moon is rather aloof but will read and my spell-working deck 'As Above', is very hard work and refuses to read unless it has something specific to say.

ana luisa

Llewellyn Tarot is the sweetest I own.

Carla

Old English Tarot is very sweet.

Water Lady

this seems to be the age old question, finding a deck that you connect with, trial and error for me. I have a couple of new ones and now will spend some time with them to see if they speak to me....

sladie

My animal-wise Tarot was very nice and gentle, but hard to read and found a new home recently. My SteamPunk tarot is very direct, but when it has something nice to say, it's very comforting and really helps.

Nemia

Morgan Greer is a very friendly, warm-tinted, retro deck with lush gardens, lovely clouds and full-lipped friendly men and women. (I even love the moustached men and stockinged women.)

Touchstone is friendly and nice - you look into the alert, interesting, questioning or serene faces of people who look as though they'd open their lips any moment to speak to you.

Inner Child is friendly in a sense that it gives a positive twist to the more difficult cards, too. It's reassuring and most of the cards are lovely, dreamy, approachable.

The Etruscan is friendly. It's sun drenched Italy, earth colors, it really looks like a relict from the depths of time - and very fresh at the same time. It's very cohesive in its aesthetic and simply beautiful to look at.

Le Fanu

For me is the ORWT
?? Orange Rider Waite Tarot? Ontarian Rider Waite Tarot? Ostentatious Rider Waite Tarot?

I'd say that the Hanson Roberts is the friendliest. I prefer aloof ;)