Seven Stars' Samhain Deck of the Dead

Le Fanu

mmm... love the customised backs but not sure I'd have gone for those in this case. I have the standard skeletal kaleidoscope one, which I love. However, I think number four would go quite well.

It's a monochrone deck and I think a wildly different coloured back would look a bit odd. Number four would pick up a little of the green-ness of the fronts - a sort of sepia leaning towards slight green.

I really love all those backs but the deck is sort of monochrome 17th Century. Some of the "other coloured" 19th Century book cover types might jar a little IMO.

agviz

Four is good too. And I like twelve. But I might tinker with making my own back... if time permits; I'm crazy busy right now. Le Fanu, I think your color comment is spot on.

Le Fanu

Yes, 12! I meant to say 12 too! It has something of the same *pun* spirit

DarkYarns

Ah, I looked at 12, too, but I settled on 26 because I thought the red would add (admittedly, a lot) of contrast against the gray/white color scheme. 12 would probably be a more aesthetically harmonious choice.

agviz

The back I love the most (but I suspect not for this deck) is number three. A little off topic here, but I wonder if that might go well with the SDotB II.

MoonGypsy

The back I love the most (but I suspect not for this deck) is number three. A little off topic here, but I wonder if that might go well with the SDotB II.

:) i actually have one i ordered from seven last week...i should have it in a few days.

i ordered a Bridge sized SDotB 2nd ed with those number 3 backs!:D

Okay...back to our "Regular scheduled program" ...:p

agviz

:) i actually have one i ordered from seven last week...i should have it in a few days.

i ordered a Bridge sized SDotB with the number 3 backs!:D

Okay...back to our "Regular scheduled program" ...:p

Oh man, oh man, oh man. Please tell me you will show us pictures. Do that and I owe you a coffee.

MoonGypsy

Oh man, oh man, oh man. Please tell me you will show us pictures. Do that and I owe you a coffee.

:D i will, i promise. :) It is probably on the way...could be here any day...
i really can't wait to see it, too.

ETA: okay, back to the Deck of the Dead thread subject...:D
i should post pics of my Bridge and Tarot sized together...
i will do that in an hour or two...

seven stars

Hi Seven Stars! I could always pop over to some spot or other in town and pick up those two decks and pouch. {wink and chuckle}.
Seriously though, it would be very cool to have a retail location ( or three) in the Bay Area. Good luck with the negotiations.

Matt

Ermagerd I sure wish I had looked at my orders before I popped into town & headed immediately out to peddle, but I didn't & I SOLD all my Deck of the Deads to Scarlet Herb Company over on Valencia & they also gave me an order as long as my arm - wonderful, beautiful sweet people in that shop. I will go try to get some pix before I leave.

I've got a FEW decks left onhand - not a lot but a few - I just emailed you, hit me up if you want to have coffee while I'm here or message me if you know of any other shops I should visit & set up accounts with before I leave on the 25th.

BTW...this city is freaking nuts. Natalie told me to turn down Jones street to get home from her school & I started to but when I couldn't see the bottom I was like HELL NO I'm not driving off a cliff just because you told me to! It's also been weirdly difficult to do the simple things like, get groceries. I've driven all over NYC - piece of cake compared to SF - this town takes some serious getting used to and really, really good car maintenance!

agviz

The traffic jam I once experienced there was like no other. It took me six hours to travel what I thought would take two. I made the mistake of trying to go over a bridge during rush hour(s). Baaaaad move.

Have you gone down Lombard Street yet? Frankly I thought that was a hoot. :thumbsup: