tarot magic

LittleOne

While looking up card meanings I have stumbled a few times across Magic and Spells with the Tarot.

I haven't really been a big spell person (I tried one when I was 15 to get a boy to kiss me and against all odds he did!! Wish I still had that spell, haha. Since then I've kind of feared that rule that it all comes back at you) but the idea has struck an interest in me. Has anyone any experience with this?

rwcarter

I have no experience with tarot magic(k), but you can find a list of books on the subject here over in the Tarot Books & Media forum index.

nisaba

While looking up card meanings I have stumbled a few times across Magic and Spells with the Tarot.

I haven't really been a big spell person (I tried one when I was 15 to get a boy to kiss me and against all odds he did!! Wish I still had that spell, haha. Since then I've kind of feared that rule that it all comes back at you) but the idea has struck an interest in me. Has anyone any experience with this?

Yes.

Actually, you don't need props like cards, or candles, or stones, or herbs when casting spells. You don't even need to know the right words.

All you need in focussed, clear intention, and to send it off in the right direction with an emotional wallop.

An interesting exercise I did a few times with the meditation group was to get each person to draw a card from one of the Visconti decks, study it minutely, then drop them into trance and get the card to talk to them and take them on an adventure.

What do you actually want to achieve?

ravenest

You were lucky you only asked for that. Actually 15 year old boys dont need magic spells to force them to kiss 15 year old girls .... usually just 'allowing them to' will work ;)

I saw a local 'Wiccan newlsetter' here a few years back ... most of it was taken up about internal political issues and bitching, resulting from an male male ex-member 'stalking' the group's 'witch queen' (and author of the newsletter). In the back of that very same newsletter, by that very same person, was a little article on 'spell-magic'; it was about how to get a man to love you. ...... makes one wonder if ..... ?

If your desire to work magic evolves beyond the juvenile and you start to study it , even a bit, seriously, the applications of tarot cards as a tool will become quiet obvious.

LittleOne

I have no experience with tarot magic(k), but you can find a list of books on the subject here over in the Tarot Books & Media forum index.

Oh cool! Thanks for that.

LittleOne

Yes.

Actually, you don't need props like cards, or candles, or stones, or herbs when casting spells. You don't even need to know the right words.

All you need in focussed, clear intention, and to send it off in the right direction with an emotional wallop.

An interesting exercise I did a few times with the meditation group was to get each person to draw a card from one of the Visconti decks, study it minutely, then drop them into trance and get the card to talk to them and take them on an adventure.

What do you actually want to achieve?

I don't actually know because it's just a new idea for me. I did see somewhere that you could infuse items with the energy of a card which I thought was really interesting!

LittleOne

You were lucky you only asked for that. Actually 15 year old boys dont need magic spells to force them to kiss 15 year old girls .... usually just 'allowing them to' will work ;)

I saw a local 'Wiccan newlsetter' here a few years back ... most of it was taken up about internal political issues and bitching, resulting from an male male ex-member 'stalking' the group's 'witch queen' (and author of the newsletter). In the back of that very same newsletter, by that very same person, was a little article on 'spell-magic'; it was about how to get a man to love you. ...... makes one wonder if ..... ?

If your desire to work magic evolves beyond the juvenile and you start to study it , even a bit, seriously, the applications of tarot cards as a tool will become quiet obvious.

In this case it was someone I worked with, he was 18 and out of school, a smoker and totally bad-ass and I was 15 and had no idea about kissing or... well anything! I was so so innocent then. It was the most amazing thing in the world that this gorgeous "man" wanted to kiss me!

Funny story... coincidence.....?

Yes, I guess you are right. I remember when I cast that one spell I had to go out and buy the tools - which was a big deal for me at the time. And I have all manner of lucky charms that I carry about with me. So as a tool I can see how it would work for sure. I suppose rather than using it to channel the existing energies it would be sending new or focused energy out.

ravenest

In this case it was someone I worked with, he was 18 and out of school, a smoker and totally bad-ass and I was 15 and had no idea about kissing or... well anything! I was so so innocent then. It was the most amazing thing in the world that this gorgeous "man" wanted to kiss me!

Oh LittleOne ! ... how should I put this ? ... the older and 'more bad-arse' a man is the MORE likely he is going to kiss a 15 year old if they let him.

Yes, I guess you are right. I remember when I cast that one spell I had to go out and buy the tools - which was a big deal for me at the time.

Well, with tarot you have a 'tool KIT'.

And I have all manner of lucky charms that I carry about with me. So as a tool I can see how it would work for sure. I suppose rather than using it to channel the existing energies it would be sending new or focused energy out.

My deck is my 'pentacle', the tool of Earth, one can see each card as a talisman, a yantra, a doorway to travel through, an icon, an eidolon, a map of nature or the human psyche. One could emulate each major each day throughout the days activities and respond to life via the qualities of the card, for 22 days, or just put it on your bed head for dreams. In some cases, each Major can be seen like a little shrine with a 'God' in it or a Saint's 'Holy Card'. .... oh yeah ... you can read with them as well :)

Zephyros

The Aces can also be used "in the field" as the four elements on an altar. But then a pencil, a penny, a bottlecap and a pin would do just as well. The Majors can be used as "gods" who's power you invoke for specific purposes. That's just scratching the surface. You can also go full angelic and study about, and use, the different angels the cards are attributed to.

Aeric

The Waite cards are very good for helping to visualize specific goals. You can use chains of cards to set up a story of how you'd like to see situations ideally proceed. They're no guarantee of success, but they give focus and clarity to help you work toward an end.

If you want to inspire courage and confidence, the Wands cards are great. Successful relationships, many Cups cards, etc.

The seemingly negative Swords cards can also be used in magic involving healing and recovery. If you've had your heart broken, the Three of Swords can act as a vessel to absorb negative emotions, and then you can balance it with a more positive card, such as the Two of Wands, a person victorious in solitude. A complicated surgery might use the Four of Swords and the Eight of Pentacles.

When I used to practice earth magic, I used the Ace of Pentacles and the Empress card to invoke Gaia the Earth Mother, and also the Death card since you reap what you sow as the seasons turn. Invoking Hermes would definitely use the Magician, a sun god the Sun card, etc.