Attention, trimmers: What are your trimming tools of choice?

gregory

Probably, yeah! :)

Don't you love it when the scissors start getting that murderous shine? I feel like Jack the Rippah!
I am just REALLY careful not to slash my fingers....

Carojulie

One quick tip --which I picked up here somewhere, I think: the only scissor sharpener I ever use is aluminum foil. It's dirt cheap, and it works like magic. After shredding half a sheet of foil, your dull scissors end up transformed into Excalibur. :)

Hi Flizzaraga,
You just cut through the foil and that's it ? Or do you have to file the blade at a special angle, or something ?
Thanks !

gregory

Just cut. And cut and cut and cut and cut till it gets scary sharp. (I tend to do 2-3 thicknesses rather than one sheet.)

FLizarraga

Hi Flizzaraga,
You just cut through the foil and that's it ? Or do you have to file the blade at a special angle, or something ?
Thanks !

Just cut. And cut and cut and cut and cut till it gets scary sharp. (I tend to do 2-3 thicknesses rather than one sheet.)

What gregory says. I also do the thickness thing, but I tend to do it after cutting about half a sheet in really thin slivers. Then I start folding and cutting, and folding more, and cutting again. So it's basically the same method. By the end, it is indeed "scary sharp" and shiny.

Carojulie

What gregory says. I also do the thickness thing, but I tend to do it after cutting about half a sheet in really thin slivers. Then I start folding and cutting, and folding more, and cutting again. So it's basically the same method. By the end, it is indeed "scary sharp" and shiny.

Thank you for the advice ! I will try that.
Nice weekend to you !

gregory

Actually thanks for reminding me, FLiz. The kitchen scissors really need this !

Carojulie

I guess if it works on scissors, I can also sharpen my corner-rounder that way.... mmmmmm, I'll give it a try ! And my nail clipper, and my rotary-cutter too ! Actually I might also feed my kitchen robot mixer a few shreds of foil to sharpen its blades too ! Waow! Possibilities are endless. Thank you thank you thank you ! :)

gregory

It works on corner rounders; I can vouch for that :)