Do you get tired after reading?

Eider

I usually just read for myself and I tend to make it short. But yesterday I read for several people. After an hour I was shaking and I really had to eat something (very unusual for me). I got really tired. I think it is interesting. I feel like I really did something.

I was thinking that I should read more for others but this seems a little alarming. It's funny that the cards actually told me it would happen but I was still surprised.

Does this happen to you? Why do you think it happens?

Sulis

Yes.

Reading for others really takes it out of me and is probably the reason why I don't read for others very often any more. I think reading for someone else is a huge responsibility and that may be part of the reason but I also think it's simply because you're giving of yourself. If you're not that experienced at reading cards it can also be a slog to get a reading done and if you're doing a reading by email or online, there's all that typing, it's like writing an essay.
In person, there's all that talking so you have to stay hydrated or you'll end up losing your voice.

So yep, I get tired after reading for someone else, especially if the reading involves typing, working out how to word things etc.

Eider

Yes, it is a huge responsibility when someone opens up and hopes for advice in some desperate situation. I feel honoured but it's also difficult. I try to give them something even if they don't even believe in anything like tarot. I almost cried at one point and I basically never cry. I just felt how desperate that person was and the cards couldn't offer her much relief. There was something but not much. She felt more hopeful after the reading but yeah, that was tough. You just can't say everything. I can be brutal on myself but it doesn't work like that with others.

I could do it again but yeah, I have to remember how demanding it actually is.

Dogs&Coffee

Yes!

And I often find I'm only good for a certain number of readings per evening before the proverbial mojo wears off.

AnemoneRosie

Yes. It's definitely exhausting! However, because I'm a professional reader I've had to work on my stamina. So now, I can complete 3-5 readings before I'm exhausted. It's one of the reasons that I don't read for free; the energy exchange has to be honoured.

scorpiogirl

Yes! I honestly don't know how readers open up such long threads. I always wonder how they have so much energy lol. I'm drained when I exchange with people even after just two readings.

think

Yep. I quite like the tiredness from reading tho, makes me feel like I'm working on it properly. Not just looking at pictures on pieces of card.

MissChiff

YES! I don't read as much as I used to because of my health.. it just really makes me feel bad. I really love to read and I just can't.

Barleywine

No! Most of the time I feel energized, although often very thirsty. When I do psychic fairs, I give a series of 20-or-30 minute readings back-to-back with little rest time between. Once I did three Lenormand Grand Tableaux in a row with no fatigue, each one over an hour long. I get caught up in the story-telling pleasure and fun of it and don't feel drained. But I usually sleep well later. :)

Dogs&Coffee

I'll bet this differs depending on whether or not someone is an Introvert, Extrovert, or Androvert.

Barleywine, which one would you describe yourself as, if you don't mind my asking?