How are the cards numbered?

Tanga

In what way did I arrive here wildly exactly ? :)... It's true that I want to be an amazing tarot cars reader, I think we all do.

If I could contact my original tarot reader I would without hesitation, it's not possible unfortunately.

As for the decks, I think fairies and dragons and the like on tarot cards only serve to belittle, they make tarot look like a silly thing, and put tarot in the realm of little girls toys. ............ I take tarot seriously, not as a joke.

:joke:
**As everyone else has said after my post, that is your answer to it here.
("Wildly" - was just me translating your enthusiasm - when you told us your story in 'Tarot Power' ;) ).

And on the subject of "little girls toys" - what if you want to read for a younger person?
Or what if you have kids who see you reading and want their own?
Then fairies and dragons - rather than Baphomet in all hir glory, or THE NAMELESS ONE - might be easier. :) :)
(Tarot - can be serious - or a joke. Just as life. I doubt there is anyone on this forum - whatever deck they use - who doesn't take it seriously. Lol. Not everyone will see imagery through your eyes.).

Enjoy the Morgan-Greer.
It's one of my favourites. And has good memories, because my very 1st reader used that deck.

gregory

I'm glad you take the cards seriously and have no doubt that they will all work, but I think Mystic Faeries and the like don't do tarot any favours. I'm pleased you approve of the Morgan Greer deck.
I think all these decks we now have do tarot a huge favour in that they have got it out there and - on the whole - acceptable. When I bought my first it was just after Kaplan had started to publish - and tarot was very much a "don't tell anyone" thing. He - and the variety of decks now out there - have made a HUGE difference.

SaskMick

:joke:
**As everyone else has said after my post, that is your answer to it here.
("Wildly" - was just me translating your enthusiasm - when you told us your story in 'Tarot Power' ;) ).

And on the subject of "little girls toys" - what if you want to read for a younger person?
Or what if you have kids who see you reading and want their own?
Then fairies and dragons - rather than Baphomet in all hir glory, or THE NAMELESS ONE - might be easier. :) :)
(Tarot - can be serious - or a joke. Just as life. I doubt there is anyone on this forum - whatever deck they use - who doesn't take it seriously. Lol. Not everyone will see imagery through your eyes.).

Enjoy the Morgan-Greer.
It's one of my favourites. And has good memories, because my very 1st reader used that deck.

It depends on what you would call young, I'm not sure that I would want to do a reading for a child. I will not do hypnosis with children either.

Zephyros

Hi folks,

Since this thread has evolved into something quite different than how it seemed to have been intended and started, I'll be closing it. If there are any specific questions concerning the numbering of the cards you are all free to contact one of the moderators and they will tell you where to post your question depending on the subject matter.

Thanks.