Yet Another Deck Storage Idea

Barleywine

I was in Michael's today, looking for more wooden boxes for my growing deck collection, when I hit upon a better idea: hinged, plastic, see-through scrapbook bins. The main problem I have with lidded wooden or tin boxes - beside the fact they only hold a couple of decks each unless I spring for the pricier large ones - is that I can't tell what's inside unless I label all of them. Even then, I have to shuffle them around to find what I want.

These scrapbook bins hold around ten standard-size decks in a single layer (you can double them up but I haven't tried looking through the bottom of a bin yet), they stack nicely and, best of all, you can see through the lids so there's no more blind hunting for decks. For those of us who have more than a few but less than 50 or so decks, these seem like a perfect solution. They were on sale for $3.99 each.

Attachments

• DSC00225.JPG
    DSC00225.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 261

mrpants

Tangent: what's in the cool red box with the white cross?

Barleywine

Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus

pollenpath

Beautiful collection, and the boxes set it off splendidly! :)

violetdaisy

Neat idea! I'm currently thinking of ideas to store my decks & books etc all in one place - this is great for travel and for keeping them in good condition though!