Tarot Burnout presently. Pooh!

EmpyreanKnight

When I'm so very busy and have no time for it, or if my decks and their books don't excite me as much, I don't force the issue and I just ride it out. Anyway, I know that after some time, the cards would sing their siren song once again and I'd inevitably fall back into their arms, impassioned and dream-struck. It's the illicit lover you always come back to, the forbidden fruit you can't help but sink your teeth in.

I hope she waves her veils back at you again, Tanga.

Trogon

I sure hope this passes quickly for you Tanga. Unfortunately for me, my last "break" from Tarot ended up lasting several years. Though it was more life burnout than Tarot burnout. Work was becoming overwhelming and issues at home were piling up.

I finally had to step back from being a supervisor and just become a Dispatcher again. The pressures are easing and I can devote time to Tarot again. A smaller change might be in order for you?

Tanga

You need to get on Amazon right now and buy a new deck before this turns into an emergency situation!

OIY!!! You are NOT allowed to enable a member of TOADIES Anonymous. :joke:

...So what I want to say is: nothing bad will happen if you just turn your back to tarot.

:joke: :joke: Yyyy'mean my decks aren't going to put a curse on me for ignoring them???
:joke:

I am sorry!
But try this image (I invented for non-tech people): Imagine your brain as a blackboard (this is your brain, this is your brain on chalk.) And see it covered in scribble scrabble. Wipe the black board nice and black and clean. Now draw a pretty picture on it. (and since it is in your head and a MAGIC black board) make it as fancy and detailed a pretty picture as you like.

I found people found it just as helpful.

But whatever works for YOU is what to do. And get some rest too.

barb

A dusty chalky old blackboard? YUK.
But a GIANT OBSIDIAN SCRYING MIRROR - now that could work. :thumbsup:
No pretty picture needed - just the shiny "bounce all you're crap right back at yah" shininess...
(with perhaps cheeky little elf winking in the reflection).

Thoughtful

When this happens its best to just let it be. l go through periods when l cannot be bothered, or l am not in the mood etc. usually happens when l have personal stuff going on or other matters take precedence. Being out of the zone is not a bad thing, when the mood lifts it feels great to be back enjoying the tarot again.
Of course by now you may have pulled through this, l do hope so, then its onwards and upwards again.

VGimlet

I take a break every so often myself. I'm somewhat on a tarot break now, actually.

I keep up with the DOTW group (because I am the mistress of the thread) but I'm juggling too many flaming torches at work, at home, and in my social life, in my other parts of my personal life to be very caught up with tarot.

I find it happens every few years. Less active here on AT, buy hardly any decks.

It's okay to let go a little, tarot will always be here when you're ready.

tarotesoterica

I go through these sometimes. I don't feel like doing readings or studies or even making jewelry. I just want to veg out. I think its good to take a break. I just ride it out. When I do get over the burn out phase I'm more creative and am able to see things at a fresh and different angle.

Just roll with it. Its okay to take a break. I think its even healthy. The universe may be telling you that you need to reset and take a step back.