druidcraft - 3 of cups

vhrsn

Hi again to all,
I could use help on this last one, the 3 of cups. I'm blind and can't see waht's on the cards. Also I'm still learning this deck learning what's on ;the card's symbolically. Can any of you help please? I'd appreciate it!
All the best,
Veornica

HoneyBea

vhrsn said:
Hi again to all,
I could use help on this last one, the 3 of cups. I'm blind and can't see waht's on the cards. Also I'm still learning this deck learning what's on ;the card's symbolically. Can any of you help please? I'd appreciate it!
All the best,
Veornica

The image on the card is of three men sitting at a wooden table, cups in hand they bring them together to meet, on the table itself there is food and fruit.
Each of the men wears a different coloured cloak, one of red, one of blue and one of green. They are in a tavern or a building of some sort and a window to the back of them lights the room.

In the companion book Carr-Gomm say
that the number three represents creating, fulfillment, expression, growth and development.

The three of cups usually represents celebration, friendships and signifies a happy event of any nature. It is a card that demonstrates a sense of achievement and reward.

We are also told by Carr-Gomm that "Friendship was seen as an essential element to a fulfilled and spiritual life in ancient times.

The three of cups is a card that speaks of joy and energy it indicates harmony and the end of a difficult situation or period in your life.

The Cups of course represent here emotions, feelings, and intuition and so the three of cups when appearing in a reading often shows an emotionally happy time.

In the companion book Carr-Gomm make no reference as to the actual symbolism in the card except to say that "celebration lies at the heart of both Wicca and Druidry - and they share the same eight seasonal festival which are often commemorated with feasting and dance as well as ritual". So all I can do now is offer you my own interpretation.

The colour in the mens cloaks:

Blue: is often thought of as a colour of reflection and also as a sky colour can be seen to symbolise the heavens, so representing the inner spiritual process and perhaps a balancing of the soul with the higher spirit.

Green: Being a colour that is associated with vegetation can come to represent growth, adaptability, balance and potential — it's interesting to note that to make green one has to mix blue and yellow — yellow being a colour often associated with mental activity and blue spiritual aspirations, this could as the colour green also symbolise the harmony that has been achieved between emotions and thoughts.

Red:Is a high energy colour and can relate to passion, action, self confidence, will power all those things that we associated with our outer world rather than our inner one.

So the three men here could also symbolise for us the bringing together and balancing out of the mind/body/spirit-emotional aspects of the self.

The apples on the table may well symbolise wholeness from their rounded shape and again in relation to this card and its meaning confirms that joy and harmony is reached emotionally.

From my own perspective the number three does seem to show us the result of from where the idea emerged, to the no.2 who carry out that idea and the three is where that idea bears fruit.

Looking at cups then the Ace shows a rise in personal feelings and suggests that we become aware of these, understand why we feel in a particular way and what we can or should do about it, the ace turns into two and here we experience duality and the opportunity to bring two opposites together so that they harmonise — in the three we see the result of that successful combination — so the three becomes the first stage in completing growth and expansion. What we see here is where the 1 and 2 have come together to create a third.

I hope some of this has been just a little bit of help to you :)

~HoneyBea~

vhrsn

my interpretation

Hi Honeybea,
Thanks for the description of the card. I'd say that in order to unite I feel that two would become one. People can enjoy looking out and seeing new ideas come into view as they visit together with other so that celebration can take place. Also to me, this represents the nature of the situation at hand. Being able to try to allow others to work together so that they can have an abundance of food for them in front of them, seems like it'd be essencial for them to survive.
All the best,
Veronica

canid

What exactly is that round white thing on the wall? Sure, it looks like a window, but why the hinges in the middle of it? On glass? Can anyone enlighten me - was there a different way to illuminate rooms then?

Sulis

canid said:
What exactly is that round white thing on the wall? Sure, it looks like a window, but why the hinges in the middle of it? On glass? Can anyone enlighten me - was there a different way to illuminate rooms then?
It looks like a shield to me.

canid

It does! There's what looks to be a hand-hold in the center. Thanks!

ETA: Could mean the end of battle since it's hanging on the wall, ie end of troubles.