The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

Nina*

I think I'll join in too. Sounds like fun... AND managable.

firefrost

Hi Nina* - good to see you.

Got a question for anyone who can answer it -

Do we have to get permission to upload readings/images? I've seen lots of blogs where deck pictures are used so I'm wondering if it's okay just for blogging?

Jyscal

Thanks kk. I really want to focus on my tarot studies this year, so i think this project should be the right place to start. I would like to start off with my Crows magick Tarot, in really interested to trying to open up the deck in new ways. Ill post my blog when i setup one in the next day or two.

firecatpickles

Welcome, everybody!

souljourney, an oracle deck would be fine as this is a "Primary Deck Study" :)

Dreamwalker, souljourney and Nina*, let me know what deck you are going to be using whenever you can.

Off to read some entries!

firecatpickles

Re: Copyright and Weblogs

firefrost and all,

Most artists are readily available for comment either here or an E-mail via their Web Sites. I would contact them and make sure you have permission to use their decks' images.

Usually they will allow it if you provide a link back to their Home Pages (sometimes not even that), but at least ask, I would say.

thorhammer

KK, where's this at with using a thread as a journal? I have less than zero interest in setting up a blog, but I'd like to have this kind of constant contact with the Thoth deck.

\m/ Kat

firecatpickles

You would need to open a Thread for each reading in the Your Readings Forum. You could head each entry with something like "thorhammer's PDR Reading Week 1," or something like that.

After you post there, you would post in this Thread a Link to it in order to direct my attention to it (or PM it to me) and I will keep Post #2 updated with a list next to your SN (i.e., Screen Name).

Are you thinking of joining us?

thorhammer

Yeah, I reckon I'll be up for it. So the idea is that I do (at least) one reading a week using this deck, and post it in the YR forum with a link here?

Are there any other requirements, Mr Kat?

\m/ Kat

firecatpickles

thorhammer said:
Yeah, I reckon I'll be up for it. So the idea is that I do (at least) one reading a week using this deck, and post it in the YR forum with a link here?

Yes, and yes, Mrs. (or is it Ms?) Kat.

thorhammer said:
Are there any other requirements, Mr Kat?

No.

thorhammer

Kilted Kat said:
Yes, and yes, Mrs. (or is it Ms?) Kat.
Sweet! I have the perfect spread, for a start - it's one that's outlined in Pollack's Forest of Souls. I don't have it on me, but I'll def. post it, hopefully tomorrow. It's designed to be read once a week, at the same time, to explore where one's "Spirit Soul" is and what is its mission.

And it's Ms. :D

\m/ Kat