Any special way to shuffle the Faeries?

mrowcat

One of the first things I noticed was that the cards seem to be more delicate (thinner, not coated) than other decks. I don't riffle, and I am trying to be as easy on them as I can, but they are still starting to bend. Any suggestions?

Rhiannon

I don't shuffle these guys. I sort of spread them out all over and mush them around until they tell me to stop. Then I run my hand over the top of them until I find the "right" one to pick up.

Now, I'm usually a riffler and I only use this technique with the Faeries & with my Goddess Oracle, but this seems to work out best for me with these two. I can feel the pull of the cards better, I guess.

Alissa

For decks like my FO, I prefer to "lace" the cards, which is different than riffle shuffling. You slide the cards from one hand to the next, in a manner that places new cards over the preceeding ones, and as such, they only slide from hand to hand without getting bent in the shuffling process.

It takes a little practice if you're not used to it, but it will save your thinner decks from excess wear, that's for sure.

Others who really don't want their cards "ruffled" will pile shuffle them, mixing them into a big pile on the floor or table before reassembling them. Not my favorite method, but whatever works for the Fae! :)

mrowcat

Thanks,
I usually do the lace method, but I'll try the 'spread and swirl' method.

floracove

Alissa said:
I prefer to "lace" the cards, which is different than riffle shuffling. You slide the cards from one hand to the next, in a manner that places new cards over the preceeding ones, and as such, they only slide from hand to hand without getting bent in the shuffling process.

It takes a little practice if you're not used to it, but it will save your thinner decks from excess wear, that's for sure.
I do this as well, with all my decks.

E v e r y o n c e in awhile, I have been known to be adventurous, and do the shuffle on the long sides of cards, rather than the short sides.
And then I don't bend at them, just kinda let them fall into each other.

Jewel

I'm in the minority (maybe all by myself *LOL*) I shuffle the cards, and always have. My faeries like it ... Yes the deck is getting a little worn so to speak, but is not like I ever plan to trade or sel the deck! It has a wonderful worn feel, and they really do seem to like it.