Interesting occurrence with my deck

mrowcat

I suppose this is my intro into the world of Faerie, and to this forum.

I've had the Faeries for a year or so now, and hadn't really done anything with them as I've been working with Tarot. Last night I decided to finally get them out and start working with them. The first thing I noticed as I held, shuffled and sorted them into different groups was that the cards seemed almost too large at first. Not overly large, just enough to be slightly uncomfortable to hold. I put them back into numerical order (they were resistant to this at first, but complied when I wondered to myself if any were missing). So as I'm handling them, they seemed to shrink slightly to a more comfortable size for shuffling/handling.

When i was done with them for a while, I straightened the deck and put it on my desk. When I did this, the top two cards lifted and slid just enough to expose the corner numbers down to the third card. I picked up the deck, straightened it and put it back down and the same thing happened. I tried picking up part of the deck, and the top cards of the remainder did the same thing. It's almost as if they were saying "No. Play with us!", which I did just before bed.

Anyhow, this morning I was looking at them again, and again put the deck down on my desk and they stayed put, no sliding. I guess they realize that they aren't going back into that drawer anytime soon.

amanda