trimmed Wildwood rounded or square corners?

delinfrey

I got my Wildwood yesterday, fell in love but was instantly certain I need to trim it. Today I trimmed it (scissors, left the text part intact), smudged with some sage, but now I am hesitant about the corners.

On the one hand, the deck doesn't feel "complete" without rounding the corners, on the other hand, it looks stunning with square corners. But square corners are not very comfy to handle! Also, I do not have a corner rounder, so I would have to use some impromptu tools (...and what would they be? :O ). Any helpful thoughts appreciated!

MizGrace

what about tarot card sleeves you can buy to go over the cards themselves? im thinking of buying some for my witchy tarot, it cuts my fingers a lot. I saw them on ebay. There was someone on youtube who had 123 modified decks they made. How they found the time and cash for that many decks no idea. I hope they are worth more when modified otherwise they have a huge collection of decks they may never use.

Grizabella

I got my Wildwood yesterday, fell in love but was instantly certain I need to trim it. Today I trimmed it (scissors, left the text part intact), smudged with some sage, but now I am hesitant about the corners.

On the one hand, the deck doesn't feel "complete" without rounding the corners, on the other hand, it looks stunning with square corners. But square corners are not very comfy to handle! Also, I do not have a corner rounder, so I would have to use some impromptu tools (...and what would they be? :O ). Any helpful thoughts appreciated!

I don't have a corner rounder so I used nail clippers yesterday on my Wild Spirit and it worked really well on the corners. I made sure to center the clippers just right on each corner and it worked really well.

Cenozoic

I have a corner rounder that was less than $5, and I was very pleased with the results with one of my decks, and it was easy and fun. I can't say there's any other use to them, other than for rounding corners.

Grizabella

As a result of this thread, I decided to trim my Wildwood right down to the art work alone. It's beautiful as a deck this way. I'll use it more as an oracle now, probably. The titles on the cards were too wonky and "out there" deviating as much as they did from RWS meanings, so I just cut them off.

My Wild Spirit is just a treasure as a reading deck, being trimmed just to the art. Poppy Palin didn't intend the deck to be a Tarot, but the publishers wanted her to make it a Tarot deck and that's why it's sold as one.