Tarot and Relationships

PentQueen

Then I guess I did misunderstand, I'm sorry. I think the answer then is to stop reading for them. I did that. Up to a point I read all I could, until I found out that although I still enjoyed Tarot I didn't actually like reading for people, for a variety of reasons, among them what you're describing. It became too much of an issue.

You can invent all kinds of excuses for this, such as being worn out, or knowing your friends too well and this affecting your readings. At first this was difficult, and they didn't like it, but we stayed friends and now I have the luxury of being able to read only when I offer a reading when I think someone needs it.

Yes, sadly, I actually felt I had to stop talking to some of them who I felt were addicted to readings and unwilling to listen to their own intuition...it scared me...I didn't want to enable their addiction. As much as that has been sad, it's also sad for me to think that I was reduced to a counselor, and they completely forgot about my role as a friend, but I guess I'm just as much to blame for that. I do love helping people, but in hindsight, I just feel it's really hurt my friendships...