So ahh... enjoying my new Tarot Apps.

Tanga

So I got a chuckle out of the Galaxy Tone app this morning. Today's Daily Card was the Nine of Swords, signifying insomnia, depression, anxiety, nightmares: all the bad things that keep you up mentally spinning your wheels. Which I read at 2:00 this morning because I had insomnia...
Spot on, though! I may have a warped sense of humor but I thought it was too funny not to share.

:joke: I have a warped sense of humour too. I live in the "cutting irony" department - not to everyones taste.

I agree - apps are a little more discrete on one's travels too.
Avoids the stares and potential drama if one happens to be sitting next to a... :D :D.
(now...If I can find a way to download Biddy's tarot guide onto my mobile... I'd have a whole Tarot text on there too... Lol...)

Rest and recover well Atalanta.

Alexandra-tt

:joke: I have a warped sense of humour too. I live in the "cutting irony" department - not to everyones taste.

(now...If I can find a way to download Biddy's tarot guide onto my mobile... I'd have a whole Tarot text on there too... Lol...)

Tanga, I did work for a time with Biddy's tarot online guide : I did read each cards (one per day) and copy/paste the sentences that resonate on 78 EVERNOTE notes.
I do that everytime I learn something new about the cards, from books and forum.
So now I have my own tarot journal with me anytime (on my phone with the evernote app, and my computer).
This is an time investment but I don't regret it.
Moreover, Evernote is very handy to keep a spread journal! You can add the pictures and tags of your spread very easily, or add photos that recall you cards (my last one was a pretty yellow bird foraging cherry flowers upside down like the Hanged man - a different way to see that card :)).

Atalanta

Rest and recover well Atalanta.

Thanks! Totally recovered and good to go.

Tanga, I did work for a time with Biddy's tarot online guide : I did read each cards (one per day) and copy/paste the sentences that resonate on 78 EVERNOTE notes.
I do that everytime I learn something new about the cards, from books and forum.
So now I have my own tarot journal with me anytime (on my phone with the evernote app, and my computer).
This is an time investment but I don't regret it.
Moreover, Evernote is very handy to keep a spread journal! You can add the pictures and tags of your spread very easily, or add photos that recall you cards (my last one was a pretty yellow bird foraging cherry flowers upside down like the Hanged man - a different way to see that card :)).

That's a great use of Evernote and I need to take a page from your book and do something similar with mine.

I love the Biddy's tarot. I keep the links up on my laptop so I can review while I'm reading cards, even if I'm not using that specific deck.

Petalene

Good for learning

I'm brand new to tarot and I like having the app that matches my deck - the steampunk one by Barbara Moore. Long story, but I get to work about an hour early. It's nice being to look up info about the cards I pulled for the day without having to drag the book around. And it's great for learning. Stuck in line at the store? I open the app and look up a couple of cards. On my iPad, the cards are huge and it's easier to see all the details of the amazing art. The anonymity of being able to use it anywhere is a plus.

I tried the free Fool's Dog sampler packs. I don't like the mixed decks. For me, the art is too different to gel properly, but it did convince me I wanted the Steampunk app. It's super easy to use and the journal feature is great. Not sure if I'll buy any more apps or use it for readings. I deffinately prefer the physical cards for readings.

IndigoViolet

Anonymity eh. Nice then. I enjoy. Card is better but, It happens I have great difficulty finding places at day time to shuffle them. Let the mobile app do the job, then I am very happy :p

Atalanta

I was browsing through Fool's Dog and they have the Mystical Cats Tarot. I love the illustrations but I can't get a decent read off this app to save my life. Which makes sense, I guess. That's what you get for expecting straight answers out of a cat. :) Lovely illustrations though and the Suites are Fire Sea Sky and Earth rather than the traditional.

Another upside of using apps, I only paid $3 for a deck I can't read from rather than $15-20?

Moonmystic

But - I believe in belief. :) :)

Giant high-five sister!! :) Exactly how I feel about it! Energy is energy is energy - how could it not be functional energy in an electronic device? Think about our chakras and what they are; spinning vortexes of incredible energy. Your devices are sending messages through the airways, it's amazing! Logically, I would think it easier for spirit to reach out and touch that rather than a pressed piece of a dead tree with ink printed on it (which is actually just vibrating atoms itself, right?)

I have gotten far out messages on my Ipad twice in fact. Once was when my Mother was struggling with a heart ailment. One morning I found a web page up and waiting for me when I woke my device - about congenital (sp?) heart murmurs. I didn't search that web page and my children are grown, no one plays with my Ipad. I urged my Mother to discuss that with her cardiologist. I'm not sure she took me seriously though, but I believe in belief too!

My readings are always just as accurate on the devices as they are on paper.

Tanga, I'm going to steal that quote from you, I love it!

delinfrey

I love Tarot apps! The first one I ever bought was not actually Tarot, but Ciro's Gilded Reverie; I have two of them in print, but sadly they are both mass edition, so they don't feature the extra cards (the app does).

Then I went on to purchase the Shadowscapes - I have the deck in print as well, but the images are so tiny! On my iPad, the images are hu-uuge and can be zoomed in even more. I really love to just browse the very beautiful images, and read from the guidebook.

All the apps that I own besides GRL and Shadowscapes are -
Print also: Vampyres, Druidcraft, Wildwood, Hidden Realm, Zombie
Only app: Bonefire, Tarot of Trees, ISIS, Jean Dodal Marseille, Druid Oracles, Dondorf Lenormand

The Bonefire as an app is only because the deck comes out in autumn and I have got to have something to hold on since then :) The Tarot of Trees is on my wishlist. The Marseilles' decks were a learning effort, Druid Oracles as well, and the Dondorf just a late-night splurge.

On my phone I have the Hidden Realm and the Vampyres - the Vampyres is my daily go-to for e-readings. Funny, because I practically never take it out in real life.

LauraKai

I'm really impressed by the apps available now. I bought the Druidcraft as a digital equivalent of my favourite deck, and am really tempted to build up a little digital collection! This looks like a great way to test out and familiarise myself with some new decks. Like some of you have said, it's a nice, subtle way to study decks on-the-go and also comes without risk of card damage :D