Learning Tarot

cosmiclight

books

Thanks for the book Titles:)

gregory

This all reminds me of an ex-member who was visiting someone who said she was having trouble with some aspect of tarot - and when it was pointed out that she had plenty of books, she could look it up, the response was "yes, I do have... - oh you mean maybe I should read some of them ? Good point..."

Using the cards is the BEST way. If you aren't up for a READ at first, try putting down two cards and making a story. Read for known situations - read for Cinderella in the ashes. See how what you get ties in with the fairy story. Move on to reading for your favourite TV show - what will happen to our hero in the next episode ? Were you right ? Read a card at the end of your day and see if the card reflects how that day was.

Read for things that can easily be "verified" and which don't MATTER - and when you feel safer with them, move on to reading where it counts. There would be nothing scarier than, say, reading about your job situation when you really needed advice, and you got cards you couldn't get at all, and you were in fear of being unemployed !

cosmiclight

thanks

@Gregory:)

Thank you...of all the things that you suggested I pull a tarot card at the end of day everyday and the reading is very accurate...i will do more exercises that you suggested..thankyou

cosmiclight

Learning and using Tarot Cards

Hello All...i really need some help...maybe I am just like 8 of swords here and need a way out..I have around 10 decks and almost 50 books on tarot.Please suggest me that how can I stop looking for and buying more books and decks and actually really use the books which I already have.:)

This might be a silly question but I will actually like to hear views of people here who really read with great accuracy with just 2-3 books and decks.Maybe I am just lazy and using getting more books and decks as an excuse here in order to get good in Tarot..i know there is no secret but to actually use and read the cards...what do you all actually do to keep yourseld motivated..please advice..thanks:)

cosmiclight

add on

Hi

Just wanted to add on, event after I have lots of books, i keep on searching for meanings on Tarot websites, tarot blogs, i keep on saving information from blogs but once I have downloaded that information, i dont read it deeply and just start searching for more information thinking that i will read it later..may be I am procrastinating..please help..thanks

cosmiclight

sorry

i am sorry..yes its a similar post..may be i am thinking too much..please delete this post:)

nisaba

This might be a silly question but I will actually like to hear views of people here who really read with great accuracy with just 2-3 books and decks.

And people of my generation were often lucky to have just one book. We started with a deck and taught ourselves, poor benighted things that we were. <grin>

Maybe I am just lazy and using getting more books and decks as an excuse here in order to get good in Tarot..i know there is no secret but to actually use and read the cards...what do you all actually do to keep yourseld motivated..please advice..thanks:)

Do you *read* these books? That'll be useful as background, but they will teach you exactly nothing about actually reading. For that, you need to shuffle a deck of cards and lay them on a table ...

Please suggest me that how can I stop looking for and buying more books and decks and actually really use the books which I already have.:)

Just use the *cards* that you already have.

Are you buying books compulsively? that is, do you feel you can't help yourself? Then perhaps you are clinically addicted. Try going cold turkey - it's hard, but it works. With the proviso that you may then find yourself replacing one addiction with another.

cosmiclight

procrastination

Thanks for all your replies...i wanted to get to the core of my problem on why I am not consistent to learn tarot.please help.Here is what happens

1)I do c.o.t.d exercise at the end of day and see how my day went based on the card pulled
2)I buy a new tarot book and start reading it..after few days, i come across a new book and i want that book..once i get the new book, i stop reading the old..the cycle continues
3)I have restricted self reading to one card reading only.If I try to do a 2 card reading on daily basis, for example a problem and solution spread , i really cannot combine both cards for a reading and go back to one card reading.
4)I start a tarot journal, write few pages and then stop..after few days I start a new journal and keep the old journal aside
5)Want to start from scrach in tarot again and again
6)A feeling if i am doing it right ot it is just in the mind
7)saving blogs and tarot videos and not getting time to see them and even if i get time ..i dont watch those videos but download new videos.
8)Feel that other people on tarot fb groups are more knowledgable than me and I should ask them for help.If I see a tarot reader on FB , i immediately feel that i should ask him/her for help .i give all the power to the other person and feel that I know nothing.
9)Reading card meanings from different books for card of the day and then coming down at one meaning
10)Jumping to intermediate and advanced exercies though not mastering the basics.

Can others relate to this?Is there a way I can stop becoming an information junkie and stop being overwhelmed by information overload:)

Thanks
:)

cosmiclight

@nisaba

Thanks for your kind and wise advice..i think I am missing the practical part of reading cards:)