Book of Law Study Group 1.24

Grigori

A funny one this line. NUIT does not work out to 56 using gematria, so maybe the word of Nuit referenced here is not her name, but something else. Or its her secret name from the preceding line. Or its another trick altogether.

While double checking my gematria I found this website which folks might find useful. http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/hebrew-numbers.html

N nun = 50
U (? Vav = 6), that would give us the 56, and the name NU (56) is used as an abbreviation for Nuit, as with HAD (10) instead of Hadit that we discussed previously.

I yod = 10
T = Tau (400) or Teth (9)

curious.....

cardlady22

50 ~ Year of Jubilee, gates of understanding?
nun - heir, faithful servant, receiver

6 ~ days of creation(forces); directions of the physical world
vav - hook, pillar

The Minor Arcana as all experiences and a need to receive each one???

And here's a weird little tidbit from my other card value method:
56 - 52 = 4, the Four of Hearts
Spirit/Pure Spread: Jupiter in; Mercury out
Mundane/Life Spread: Mercury in; Neptune out

Grigori

cardlady22 said:
The Minor Arcana as all experiences and a need to receive each one???

Love that!

Always Wondering

Eliphas Levi said:
There exists a force in nature which is far more powerful than steam, by means of which a single man who can master it and know how to direct it might throw the world in confusion and transform its face. It is diffused throughout infinity: it is the substance of heaven and earth, for it is either fixed or volatile according to the degrees of its polarization. This agent is precisely what the medieval adepts called the First Matter of the Great Work.

L .V. X.
light=56

Yippie, my first numerical contribution, with the help of a Gematria calculator and Paul Foster Case. :laugh:

AW

Yygdrasilian

No Blinds Required

6 + 50 = 56
56 = 5 + 6 = 11

ELeven - as in a PortaL...
Recall a myth, wherein She swallows the Sun as it sets and gives it birth at dawn?
An eyelid is sometimes a mouth, or a yoni . . . provided you can see.

Ever notice Crowley dropping hints at the connection between 6 & 11 (a reference to daat in the Zohar as "the key that includes six")?
This time it's with 24 = 2+4 = 6

It really makes so much more sense if you study those constellations...

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
L .V. X.
light=56
Sorry AW. :( L.V.X. is 65.

But NV(56) + HD(9) = 65 - ADONAI, LVX.

I am Nuit, and my word is six and fifty.

6 and 50 is Vau Nun. "UN" implies something in reverse. I wonder.... UNIT.

The obvious way to view the 6 & 50 is as NU. Oddly enough the literal meaning of the Hebrew letters would be Fish Hook. That's also the meaning of the letter Tzaddi, which was originally attributed to Atu XVII The Star by the Golden Dawn.

But Nuit tells us that her word is 6 & 50. The word is the Logos. The creative manifestation of deity. (1:1 Had! The manifestation of Nuit.) Is anyone else thinking Star/Emperor at this point? ;)

6 & 50 could be 650. I don't see anything particularly significant in that number, apart from the fact that the individual numbers add up to 11. But the number 506 is linked to chapter 2.
650 NThR - Neter?

Aeon418

56:

IVM - Day.
NHA - Beautiful.
AIMH - Dread, Terror.
ANH - He suffered.

NU: Nun - Scorpio is directly opposite Vau - Taurus in the zodiac, possibly pointing to the different aspects of the mother. Being All she is the light and the darkness. The Alpha and the Omega.

As Taurus she is the Heavenly Cow goddess who gives birth to and nourishes the universe. In her Scorpionic aspect she is death and the withdrawl of light back into the womb of night.
And I believe in one Earth, the Mother of us all, and in one Womb wherein all men are begotten, and wherein they shall rest, Mystery of Mystery, in Her name BABALON.
Nu - 56
Babalon - 156

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
Sorry AW. :( L.V.X. is 65.
:laugh:
I think you are giving me too much credit.

I simply meant I punched in the letters "light" into a calculater and it added up to 65.

That made sense to me because I have been reading about L.V.X in Occult Fundamentals and Spiritual Unfoldment.

It did get me thinking star though. ;)
And I got a standing ovation. :laugh: That's nothing to sneeze at.

AW