New Orleans Voodoo Tarot study group!!!

Poe

Please count me in, I work with this deck also.

Little Baron

Hi Poe.

How do you propose we carry on? How long have you been using it? My Voodoo knowledge is very slim and I confess to not always understanding what the book is going on about.

I slept with the deck near me last night and my dreams were proper f***** up!, lol

LB

TheOld

Hello hello :)
so voodoo Tarot hehe
i'm working with this tarot and with the voodoo worldview for sometimes now so if you got question or anything about this system and his applications just let me know and i'll help :)

Omeada

Poe

I haven't read the whole book, but from just the few readings I've done the cards are amazingly accurate. I'm ready whenever any one else is ! :0)

scorpiana

yes yes yes! i am so into it.

Little Baron

Sounds like a plan then. Do we just go through the cards one by one? Or can anyone think of a different or more efficient system?

LB

scorpiana

maybe we should start with a brief overview of voodoo for everyone who isn't too familiar. you don't need to be an expert to work with this deck, but a little knowledge helps, and we could share and talk a bit about that, then perhaps go card by card?

or how bout a field trip to N'awlins as in intro?! you know that immersion is the quickest way to learn!

Little Baron

Sounds good. Will you be our guide? Because I have little to no knowledge at the moment.

LB

scorpiana

if you can get your hands on a copy of "voodoo in haiti" by alfred matreaux, (should be able to on amazon.com for a couple of bucks), its a decent starting point. its pretty dry writing-wise, but gives a pretty good idea of the practices, deities, history, etc.

new orleans voodoo is even a bit off from haitian voodoo and there is a book called "voodoo in new orleans" that i see all the time used, but after leafing through it i never bother to buy it. and of course, there is the book that goes with the deck. but i am sure that there are plenty of people on here who are a lot more well-versed in it than me. i never practiced, just grew up around it.

Little Baron

I have the 'Voodoo In New Orleans' book. I started to read it but Alissa told me that alot of what was in it was not correct so I stopped and shelved it. She has some good recommendations on another thread. I will look out for that book you mention.

LB