Show your stuff!

FantasyWorld

Thanks HC
A friend once called me a Tourmaline slut,lol!

Got all/most of the greens pretty cheap at a Gem show because they are low grade but who cares, love 'em.....

HearthCricket

Hey, if the crystal/mineral/rock works for you and has attracted your eye, then that is all that matters. I like a mix. Some nice pieces and some very down to earth pieces. Think of how many times we take a walk along the beach or through the woods, reach down, pick up some plain piece of rock, carry it with us, bring it home in our pocket, put it on the table or wash it off and stick it on the mantel. It may just be a piece of granite or marble, or sandstone. But it sure says something to us! Like "hey, I am much older than you! Would you like to hear my stories??" :D

FantasyWorld

Yup, that's right!

OOh.almost forgot about this....

Got it at the same time/same guy and flipped when I saw it cause I had dreamed this stone.
It's kinda a pink/green maybe some Quartz beauty!

Attachments

• Dream tourmaline 001.JPG
    Dream tourmaline 001.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Dream tourmaline 002.JPG
    Dream tourmaline 002.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Dream tourmaline 003.JPG
    Dream tourmaline 003.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Dream tourmaline 004.JPG
    Dream tourmaline 004.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 55

HearthCricket

That is lovely! The purple almost looks like Amethyst mixed in! Very peaceful colours!!!

flicker

FantasyWorld

just looked at your tourmaline pics post 68#. I had a piece very similar to the ones in 001.jpg. I had no idea what it was and pruchased it because it reminded me of a boiled sweet, I loved the texture too. sadly it vanished behind my chest of draws and I have tried to find it since but with no avail. it was green with a deep red centre.
I am finding the crystal pics fascinating viewing. I hope in time to share my finds.

FantasyWorld

flicker said:
FantasyWorld

just looked at your tourmaline pics post 68#. I had a piece very similar to the ones in 001.jpg. I had no idea what it was and pruchased it because it reminded me of a boiled sweet, I loved the texture too. sadly it vanished behind my chest of draws and I have tried to find it since but with no avail. it was green with a deep red centre.
I am finding the crystal pics fascinating viewing. I hope in time to share my finds.
Thanks
So sorry to hear about that....it will re-surface when the time is right or "Feed your Faires" and tell them you want it back;)!

HearthCricket

When tourmaline is sold as a semiprecious gem (in jewelry) is it green in colour or pink or what?

FantasyWorld

Hum.....well in Jewelery stores probably mostly Pink but on Ebay I've seen high grade pieces for sale on Ebay in almost all colors...do an Ebay search and check around-pink,blue,watermeleon,etc...gotta run off to Physical Therapy;)

flicker

Thanks I will be asking the fae where it is. good point!
going to be a while but I am trying to clean up some pics to show you of my travel souvenires from across the uk.

morticia monroe

Fantasy world,,,how beautiful! I like tourmaline a lot, especially the watermelon. I don't own any. though, so I really enjoyed looking at your pieces. :)