Devil Rx & The Chariot as future

blackmagic

I got this strange card combination - Devil Rx & The Chariot - as "Future" in a bigger reading I made a few days ago. It's a little bit worrying actually, I would love to hear your input.

I'm currently writing a novel about myself and my former partner, who is a driver. He is a dangerous person, for various reasons.. And he is a danger to me. The book is basically called 'The Devil'. So the fact that I picked up exactly these two cards is freaking me out.

There seems to be so much symbolism and I cant figure out how to interpret it. Is it a warning or a good sign? Devil Rx representing the person and The Chariot representing triumph over the past, freedom and casting off the chains of abuse etc?? OR is it something more sinister, such as danger that is connected to driving (The Chariot) and my ex (The Devil?) As far as I understand both The Chariot and The Devil are cards of control. I even found interpretations online where people mention that both of these cards are symbols of fate /or doom. Someone even mentioned that Devil Rx might represent a person in your life that you are bound to forever in a not-so-healthy sort of way.

I then picked another card for clarification, and it was 4 of Swords Rx, which told me that there will chaos and restlessness ahead. But knowing that it's swords it cant be a good thing.

Any thoughts??

Grizabella

You needn't be afraid of the combination. My first thought was that you're no longer in the grips of this toxic relationship (Devil) and you're in control of your own life now.(Chariot)

Something I do to entertain myself while watching news or movies or documentaries is shuffle and then lay out a few cards, just to be doing something with my hands rather than seriously reading about anything. What I've found and think is really neat is that the cards will reflect the topic of whatever it is I'm watching. I've been reading for almost 20 years so I don't get freaked out about it anymore, but I do think it's pretty awesome how that energy works.

blackmagic

You needn't be afraid of the combination. My first thought was that you're no longer in the grips of this toxic relationship (Devil) and you're in control of your own life now.(Chariot)

That would be truly amazing! Its something I've been battling for a decade, and I already lost hope of being able to move on, thinking that there is no end to this in sight. But this would be such a relief. Thank you for reassuring me. Life has been so difficult that I have become paranoid whenever I see any "heavy" cards in my readings. Its not a good thing to only see negatives everywhere, I need to stop jumping to conclusions.

It is pretty amazing how accurate tarot cards are! It seems like you are deeply in tune with reading tarot. I would love to get to that stage! I've only been doing it for a few years, but not that frequently and definitely not on the level where I can understand all the possible combinations and be intuitive about it:)