four of pentacles as feelings

hermit-IX

i know it means guarded, but i'm wondering if there is effort here.
like are there emotions that want to get out and they're working hard to not let them out or are they content to be guarded (it comes naturally for them)

i got it as his feelings for me during an event. and i want to know if he was 'trying' to stay in control even though he had emotions, or if he was just not interested ..not having emotions towards me was just simply how he felt

hope that makes sense

elena_jaymz

Hi, once I got this card showing a guy I dated feelings towards me. He was quite cold actually, I mean he ended up to be interested only in having sex with me, he didn't want me to grow fond of him, he didn't want to have a love relationship with me, despite I assure you he liked me, he was attracted. So I'd say the card did fit in my case.

Anyway I don't think this card says why someone is trying to control his/her feelings though, to me it just shows a person is holding back and isn't opening up, why she's/he's doing so it's another question :D

hermit-IX

Anyway I don't think this card says why someone is trying to control his/her feelings though, to me it just shows a person is holding back and isn't opening up, why she's/he's doing so it's another question :D

but you do think he's 'trying'. because this implies that there are feelings that he is 'trying' to control.

does anyone think it could be simply a lack of emotions like he's not trying to control his emotions because he doesn't have any.

Grizabella

I think of it that way, hermit-1X. This guy on the RWS card has drawn all his pentacles in around him, as if he's hiding behind them. That's why he seemed not to express feelings. He didn't have any. He wasn't interested but he also wasn't experiencing negative emotions, either. You have to be invested in someone to have either positive or negative emotions. He isn't running on emotions of any kind, whether positive or negative.