5 of cups rx as job strength

hermit-IX

what could 5 of cups rx as a strength for job searching

generally it means moving on, letting go of attachments. i'm not doing any of these. in fact i'm sticking to my position because i feel it would hurt someone financially if i left.

as a strength maybe it could mean that i am thinking of moving on to other things. so even though i feel bad i would like to move on and that's a good start for getting a better job.

Pami619

Hi, maybe with the 5 of cups the strength here is that you'll be seeing the glass half full not half empty.

foolonajourney

I think you answered your own question unknowingly.

"generally it means moving on, letting go of attachments."

If it upright means letting go and moving on then rx that. you are the type of employee who will stick with a problem. You won't give up. You will keep working until told, or forced to stop.

Sounds like someone I'd want working for me!

hermit-IX

I think you answered your own question unknowingly.

"generally it means moving on, letting go of attachments."

If it upright means letting go and moving on then rx that. you are the type of employee who will stick with a problem. You won't give up. You will keep working until told, or forced to stop.

Sounds like someone I'd want working for me!

are you hiring? :p but yes you worded it nicely. it makes sense.

Thirteen

The 5/Cups doesn't mean moving on. Upright means you can't look away from something you have lost. You can't move on from it, even though it's gone and you should move on from it. Rather like Queen Victoria who always wore black after her husband died. She never got over it. Eternal 5/Cups. You keep holding onto it feeling all you can do is mourn the loss. And in doing this, you tend to be blind to what is still there—the two full cups still standing.

Which is why the *advice* of the card is to move on and let go. :)

I think 5/Cups rx says that you're holding on, but not to weep and mourn and be blind to what's still standing. Rather, you know what still standing and want to support that, even as you feel sad about what is "spilled" (the job itself?). That's emotional loyalty. Compassion. You are not blinded by tears here. You see what's lost and you still what you still have.

A card more clearly about moving on and letting go of attachments would be 8/Cups.

TarotTreat

I would say that people see cards in different way so there isn't a 'right' way. Someone could read the card as a negative card depending on their feelings, intuition, and deck.

Regardless, as for the five of cups for me it means you're stuck on one thing and fixated on it, not seeing other options that are available to you. So in terms of a job strength, I would read that you get 'fixed' on a task until it gets done. So, I agree with foolonajourney.

I would add that this could have a negative side--one result could be not seeing alternative solutions. It also could mean simply being fixed on the problem. You know you, though.

Best wishes!

hermit-IX

The 5/Cups doesn't mean moving on. Upright means you can't look away from something you have lost. You can't move on from it, even though it's gone and you should move on from it. Rather like Queen Victoria who always wore black after her husband died. She never got over it. Eternal 5/Cups. You keep holding onto it feeling all you can do is mourn the loss. And in doing this, you tend to be blind to what is still there—the two full cups still standing.

Which is why the *advice* of the card is to move on and let go. :)

I think 5/Cups rx says that you're holding on, but not to weep and mourn and be blind to what's still standing. Rather, you know what still standing and want to support that, even as you feel sad about what is "spilled" (the job itself?). That's emotional loyalty. Compassion. You are not blinded by tears here. You see what's lost and you still what you still have.

A card more clearly about moving on and letting go of attachments would be 8/Cups.

Ok thanks for clarifying that

hermit-IX

I would say that people see cards in different way so there isn't a 'right' way. Someone could read the card as a negative card depending on their feelings, intuition, and deck.

Regardless, as for the five of cups for me it means you're stuck on one thing and fixated on it, not seeing other options that are available to you. So in terms of a job strength, I would read that you get 'fixed' on a task until it gets done. So, I agree with foolonajourney.

I would add that this could have a negative side--one result could be not seeing alternative solutions. It also could mean simply being fixed on the problem. You know you, though.

Best wishes!

Thank you. I realize that but I had another card for my weaknesses. This position was asking what strengths were