Lots of Cups

zunaster

Dear All,

Newbie here. I have been following Nisaba, Thirteen and Dangala's posts with a lot of interest. First time posting here and would welcome your views. I used Victorian Steampunk deck.

I did a celtic cross for my ex and myself. I received
1) 8 of cups (immediate future)
2) 4 of cups (The outcome for 12 weeks)
3) 12 weeks plus and outcome was: King of cups

My interpretation is that for immediate future we will be moving on from relationship, 4 of cups implies everything becomes boring and king of cups imply that ex will become the man I once knew.

Looking forward to your replies/insight. Thank you :)

foolonajourney

I usually don't post about relationship questions because I feel like its such a touchy subject and I prefer to be more direct. So I'm just answering the question about what I see in the cards not really commenting on you (or your ex) as people if that makes sense.

Immediate future: 8C - moving on, walking away, its painful but your moving toward a better place.
12 weeks: 4C - Dwelling on feelings and emotions, think hard about whats in your heart and why
12 weeks +: KC - a man that is completely aware and in control of his feelings and emotions, he's kind but not given to passion more of just a steady, safe comfort.

I would assume based on the spread starting with the 8 of Cups that the King at the end is an entirely new man. But take into consideration digging more into what that 4 of Cups is telling you. Maybe try some spreads that focus on what you want from a partner and see where those take you?

**I don't own that particular deck**

nisaba

Dear All,

Newbie here.
Welcome!

I have been following Nisaba, Thirteen and Dangala's posts with a lot of interest.

That's flattering - thank you. :)

1) 8 of cups (immediate future)
2) 4 of cups (The outcome for 12 weeks)
3) 12 weeks plus and outcome was: King of cups

My interpretation is that for immediate future we will be moving on from relationship, 4 of cups implies everything becomes boring and king of cups imply that ex will become the man I once knew.

I don't have that particular Steampunk (I have two others), so I'm assuming generally RW-style meanings here. The Eight Cups does seem to indicate moving away fgrom the whole sorry mess and leaving it behind, as you suspected. The Four Cups indicates that in that kind of time-ftrame you;ll be starting to develop a bit more emotional (Cups) stability (fours), so you'll be healing, "getting over it" and becoming less tearful. The King Cups suggests that in the longer term, you might become more emotionally wise than you are now, as a result of this and other relationships. :)