Mars in Golden Dawn Spread

Teheuti

I just did a reading for a friend and was astonished by the fact that five of the ten cards were specifically attributed to Mars.

1 - The Issue: Two of Wands (Mars in Aries)*
2 - What Crosses You: Seven of Pentacles (Saturn in Taurus)
3 - What is Beneath you: High Priestess (Moon)
4 - What is Behind you: Seven of Wands (Mars in Leo)*
5 - What is Above you: Five of Cups (Mars in Scorpio)*
6 - What is Before you: The Tower (Mars)*
7 - Yourself as you see yourself: Nine of Pentacles (Venus in Virgo)
8 - Environment: Eight of Swords Rx (Jupiter in Gemini)
9 - Hopes and Fears and the lesson to be learned: Ace of Cups Rx (Water)
10 - The Result: Three of Pentacles (Mars in Capricorn)*

The spread is missing only Mars in Pisces (Ten of Cups) and Mars in Gemini (Nine of Swords).

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the influence of Mars in this spread. You can ignore the two Reversals - I used reversals in this situation mostly to note that the cards aren't acting quite as usual (and that the Eight as Swords is more prone to a breakthrough of in the interference caused by too many ideas).

Mary

Grigori

Teheuti said:
Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the influence of Mars in this spread.

It interesting that not only are the majority of the "Mars-y" cards included, but their placement in the spread is strongly related, as well as their astrological strengths.

The "Issue" is Mars in its rulership of Aries, so one of the strongest expressions of Mars in the deck comes out as the issue card. That alone would mean that Mars is a central issue. But then having that re-inforced with 3 out of the surrounding 4 cards Mars also is really strong. Mars in Leo (though not Mars' exhaltation, its pretty damn close I think), Mars in its other rulership of Scorpio, and then pure Mars the Tower.

The only non-Mars card in the main section is the HP, which is just about the exact opposite of Mars energy (interesting that the other water card, came out reversed later on...)

Finally the Outcome card is Mars in Capricorn, which is its sign of Exhaltation, so perhaps even stronger expression of Mars than Mars in Aries at the "Issue".

The two Mars card missing, Mars in Pisces and Mars in Gemini, would be the weaker expressions of Mars in the deck, so doubly interesting that they are the ones missing.

Sorry no real thoughts on the spread, but the patterns are very interesting.

Teheuti

similia said:
Sorry no real thoughts on the spread, but the patterns are very interesting.
Thanks - your overview analysis of the placements and value were very helpful. I don't feel like the situation is dangerous but, rather, that it is very tense emotionally and in her relationships. I had forgotten that the person was flying to Mexico. Now I know that, I wonder if I should have given her a bit more of a warning - still, who wants to put a damper on a vacation if nothing actually happens? She had just asked for a general reading - no specific question.

Mary