Vibrating God Names

rif

similia said:
I've done a ritual in my imagination a couple of times in public places for the same reason.

I've done that at work for the same reason. :) Plus, I woke up in the night a couple of times recently due to particularly negative dreams, and felt the LBRP would be helpful, and that way I didn't have to get out of the bed. (Which was unusual, because I haven't been doing much LBRP lately.)

I didn't say I sing, I said I had lessons. In hindsight I might have invested my money better elsewhere :laugh:

Indeed! :laugh:

Always Wondering

riff said:
Are you sure you're not a horse, just messing with us?

:shhh: Don't tell that intimidating tiger over there.

Alta said:
I have been doing this twice daily for close to 7 years now and I would say that only in the past year have I felt as if I finally had the 'feel' of it. And what's worse, I would have no idea how to explain it to someone else.

I had a feeling it was going to be something like that. Well, only about six more years to go. :laugh:

Similia said:
The vibration always seems more internal than external to me, even a small sound that someone else in the room would struggle to hear can really bounce around your head.

This is what I kind of got from my horses, (which I am not, by the way. Gulp.) Especially when they are calm and lazy, it is an inside sort of thing.

thorhammer said:
What is LBRP?
Sorry Kat. That was lazy of me.

I can't for the life of me remember where I read about exhausting oneself with the Star Ruby. I looked in my new books but I can't find it. It is quite possible I imagined it. Or confused it with another ritual.

Bless Regardie and his thin audios though. They have really helped me improve my LBRP and eased me into the Middle Pillar Ritual. http://www.ritualmagick.org/Middle+Pillar+Ritual Which I find lovely and familiar in an odd sort of way.

AW

rif

doesn't Regardie vibrate everything in the LBRP in his audios? I don't like to vibrate the qabalistic cross; and not everyone does. Just my $.02.

And by the way, I do admire the seven years of daily practice. That is dedication.

Always Wondering

I guess I can't tell if he's vibrating or not.
I do.
I need all the practice I can get. :laugh:

AW

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
I can't for the life of me remember where I read about exhausting oneself with the Star Ruby. I looked in my new books but I can't find it. It is quite possible I imagined it. Or confused it with another ritual.

I found it!

Crowley in Liber O said:
5. It is a sign that the student is performing this correctly when a single "Vibration" entirely exhausts his physical strength. It should cause him to grow hot all over, or to perspire violently, and it should so weaken him that he will find it difficult to remain standing.

6. It is a sign of success, though only by the student himself is it perceived, when he hears the name of the God vehemently roared forth, as if by the concourse of ten thousand thunders; and it should appear to him as if that Great Voice proceeded from the Universe, and not from himself.
http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/libers/libero.html

The vibration should be exhausting according to Crowley. And success is measured by the God name roaring forth "though only by the student himself is it perceived".

Always Wondering

Oh good. I was starting to worry about my crazy imagination. :eek:

Wow. It's more extreme than I remembered. Ten thousand thunders.

And Crowley does not specificaly say to vibrate the names during the cross. Hmmmmmmm.
Liber0 said:
i) Touching the forehead say Ateh (Unto Thee).
(ii) Touching the breast say Malkuth (The Kingdom).
(iii) Touching the right shoulder, say ve-Geburah (and the Power).
(iv) Touching the left shoulder, say ve-Gedulah (and the Glory).
(v) Clasping the hands upon the breast, say le-Olahm, Amen (To the Ages, Amen).
(vi) Turning to the East make a pentagram (that of Earth) with the proper weapon (usually the Wand). Say ("i.e." vibrate) I H V H.
(vii) Turning to the South, the same, but say A D N I.
(viii) Turning to the West, the same, but say A H I H.
(ix) Turning to the North, the same, but say A G L A.

AW

Aeon418

rif said:
Can you imagine us all invoking HRU before every reading, optionally with sonorous invocations? :)

Does anyone do that invocation before reading? Or use standard GD opening rituals, a la LBRP, before sitting down to the cards?
I do. :)

Well, I don't always do an LBRP before reading, but sometimes I do. I all depends on how important the question is and how I feel.

I always recite the invocation though. It's a great way to key yourself into the right frame of mind for a reading.
I invoke thee, IAO, (vibrate with whole breath eeeeeeeeeeeee aaaaaahhhhh ooooooohhhhhh) that though wilt send HRU (vibrate Herrrrrr Ruuuuuuu) etc.

Aeon418

rif said:
Honestly, I've done most of my vibrations mentally, due to my living quarters. I know some purists frown on that, but as long as I put in the feelings, I figure it works for me.
Try humming words of power. It doesn't have to loud for you to be able to feel it vibrate within your head and chest.

Aeon418

similia said:
Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. The Star Ruby that AW is doing is the Thelemic equivalent, the LBRP is the GD version.
The Star Ruby equivalent to the LBRP? Well they are both banishing rituals, but apart from that they are very different.

Plus there's nothing un-Thelemic about the traditional LBRP.