Vibrating God Names

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
The Star Ruby equivalent to the LBRP? Well they are both banishing rituals, but apart from that they are very different.

And they're both pentagram rituals with very similar structure (generally speaking), Crowley himself saying that the Star Ruby he designed is a "new and more elaborate version of the Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram".

I stand by "equivalent", though define the word loosely ;)

Aeon418

similia said:
And they're both pentagram rituals with very similar structure (generally speaking), Crowley himself saying that the Star Ruby he designed is a "new and more elaborate version of the Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram".

I stand by "equivalent", though define the word loosely ;)
Fair enough. :)

But there are some fundamental differences between the two rituals that indicate different levels of purpose and use. Where the LBRP is based on the formula of ADNI, the Star Ruby uses YHVH (or HVHY).

ADNI is the elemental formula for the microcosmic first order. YHVH is the macrocosmic second order formula.

Always Wondering

zhark said:
Hello Always Wondering

I think Overtone singing (not so difficult to learn with a Book+CD) is a good Help/way to learn Vibrating God Names

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtone_singing

Thank-you Zhark. I will look into it.

So nobody exhausts themselves? Do you thing Crowley was trying to make a point? I am loving the phrase "ten thousand thunders". I think I am beginning to appreciate Crowley's imagination.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
So nobody exhausts themselves?
For me it's more exertion than exhaustion. And that only applies to that particular technique of vibrating with the Neophyte signs.

I personally don't use that method with the LBRP. That's how I was taught it anyway.
Do you thing Crowley was trying to make a point?
Probably describing the ideal performance. A target to aim at. I usually make do with being very focused. :laugh:

Always Wondering

Thanks all.
I have been finding your feedback very helpful. Especially with the Middle Pillar. I found that I was trying to vibrate out, then back in again.
I've taken to considering any outward noise as a byproduct for now.

Plus. it never hurts to improve my focus. ;) :laugh:

AW

rif

Aeon418 said:
Try humming words of power. It doesn't have to loud for you to be able to feel it vibrate within your head and chest.

Do you mean hum to get a better feel of what the vibration should feel like; or hum aloud when mentally doing the words and everything else?

Thanks.

ravenest

I have a copy of crowley 'vibrating' those words of power; sounds like a thin emaciated wail! I'd like to hear Israel's method.

If you totally exhaust yourself with one vibration, how are you going to do the rest ... Crowley was being poetic.

Do you want the vibration or a successfull operation?

For vibration , ( if you are trying to achieve this bit - sorry I found the original question a little vague for me) in different parts of your body, forget the ritual and play with it, hold your hand on different parts of your body and go through a range of sounds and intonations until you can feel a vibration in that part of your body.

Im not talking about just 'buzzing' the last letter of the word (eg not Ommmmmmmmmmmm but Aaaaahhhhhuuuummmmmm) and you will find the vibration changing, resonating and going back and forth. Some say it is not the vibration of the letter but the change IN vibration from one sound to the other - digital versus analouge .., or modulation.

I learnt that then I made paintings of the words in hebrew flaming letters and pasted them on each wall of the temple or working space.

I would do a receptive posture, LOOK at the word, vissualise it, breathe in and breath the word in, then breathe out and breath the letters of fire out (as Israel reccommends) with expressive posture (enterer) through the pentagram ... after a while you can get rid of the cards.

Crowley gives some advice that can lead to a mess, he says to breathe the breathe out through the nose while vibrating the word. I have seen and heard 'senior' magicians sound rediculous doing this as they have interpreted that the vibration and sound should come out with the breath leading to a ritual that sounds like the person is half way through a sinusectomy :laugh:

Open the throat and the nasal passage, let as much air as needed via the mouth to make the vibration and open the nasal passage to release the air at the same time.

OR . get a good Dum-tek or darrumbucca (sic!) ie. one of those modern tight plastic skinned Egyptian drum, or a vgood tamborine. hold flat, sprinkle something light and grainy and fine on the surface, practice your vibration towards the drum skin and watch the changing patterns that form (you need a light flexible tight skin and a resonant drum ... you could probaly knock up something with a tube and ballon skin.)

There is a lot more of course but ....

Always Wondering

Wow, you've given me a lot to experiment with here. And yes, I found myself closing off my nose, so good point. I also love the part about modulation as I was emphasizing the last the last letter. I also get your point about separating the practice from the rituals.

Thank-you, Ravenest.

AW

Aeon418

rif said:
Do you mean hum to get a better feel of what the vibration should feel like;
Yes. But you can use that technique as a substitute for a full, out loud vibration if your living conditions won't permit.
rif said:
or hum aloud when mentally doing the words and everything else?
I assume we're talking about the LBRP here? If so, vibrate the Q.C., the four godnames (YHVH, Adonai, etc.), and the four archangel names. Everything else can be said in a normal tone of voice.

Aeon418

ravenest said:
I have a copy of crowley 'vibrating' those words of power; sounds like a thin emaciated wail! I'd like to hear Israel's method.
He sounds like Elmer Fudd. :laugh:
ravenest said:
Crowley gives some advice that can lead to a mess,
Yes, but the instructional Libers were meant to be supplimented with oral instruction.